Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I got some really bad advice here...

Old 04-22-2014, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think hes gonna really regret posting this thread by the time every member takes a swing in here.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ShiftKnowledge
I've never had an alignment done since I owned the Jeep 4 years, and from the wear on the tires its an even wear.

Won't be getting a check up anytime soon as I have been out of work for 14 months.
Originally Posted by ShiftKnowledge
I take care of my Jeep and most of my passengers think its new. Its an 07 and there isnt a scratch on it. Yes it has issues but until I find a decent paying job I'm not going to sink a ton of money into it. Its expensive to live in Los Angeles and I have a child to support so yes things like alignment get put on the backburner. I would get another SUV (im not a car person) but I really don't like other SUVs besides the EB Broncos and I dont have the time or money to take care of one of those. Until then its a jeep.

Oh yeah one more thing when I got my Jeep I had some 15 inch wheel and tires on it but then I upgraded to the larger BF Goodrich tarz with 17 inch moab wheels. Woudl that create any kind of difference?

Alignment cost vs new tires cost. Hmmmm????
Old 04-22-2014, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Angry_Fisherman
Do you have a 2 door or a 4 door?
Four door breh 2wd
Old 04-22-2014, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should take your car over to Del Rey Customs at Al and Ed's Auto Marina Del Rey. I am sure Saturn can fix ya up!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is anybody here in LA that could take my ride for a test? Would love to get some feedback on my baby.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
You should take your car over to Del Rey Customs at Al and Ed's Auto Marina Del Rey. I am sure Saturn can fix ya up!
OMG hahaha, that was quite the thread wasn't it?
Old 04-22-2014, 07:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

it is amazing what happens when you remove an F lol it all starts to make perfect sense.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Dude.... just man up and align your "car". In an earlier post u said u are a jeep guy, and I can promise just about everyone whose commented in here would disagree. You have bashed the axle (or lack there of since u have a 2wd model) , you have bashed suspension, you have praised the prius, you have neglected your "car" and blame the forum for bad advise, you used the excuse of living in California for not having time to fix or trouble shoot it... yet u have time fiddle with your phone to chat to everyone here. Fix your dang car dude.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaFFFari
Dude.... just man up and align your "car". In an earlier post u said u are a jeep guy, and I can promise just about everyone whose commented in here would disagree. You have bashed the axle (or lack there of since u have a 2wd model) , you have bashed suspension, you have praised the prius, you have neglected your "car" and blame the forum for bad advise, you used the excuse of living in California for not having time to fix or trouble shoot it... yet u have time fiddle with your phone to chat to everyone here. Fix your dang car dude.
That wasn't necessary
Old 04-22-2014, 08:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell you what, I frequent LA. I'll take your offer to see your rig. But, gotta warn ya, I don't sugar coat anything. I'm a gear head, do 99% of my own work on my vehicles . You have a place we can get the front axle unloaded? And, when I identify the problem is beyond the "bad help" you had on the forum, I will ask you to write up a rebuttal and apologize to forum members. Deal?

Quick Reply: I got some really bad advice here...