Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I got hung up on my new steps

Old 04-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shipjim1
NERF STEPS Damaged the door and threshold. What is the best combo to protect the body and then what kind of protection as a rock bar\slider and rocker?
There are a few different Rocker Armor options out there. The ones you drill through the body are known to be the stronger ones for the TJ's and I imagine it would be the same for the JK. If they are bolted through the body, there is nothing to push up into the body and damage.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can get you a quote on anything!

-Ryan
Old 04-22-2014, 01:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got my TJM sliders from Extreme Terrain today. They are frame mounted sliders. I would also describe them as a mini boat sliders. They will that all the beating protecting the body plus most of the frame.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XTRyan
There are a few different Rocker Armor options out there. The ones you drill through the body are known to be the stronger ones for the TJ's and I imagine it would be the same for the JK. If they are bolted through the body, there is nothing to push up into the body and damage.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can get you a quote on anything!

-Ryan
The body mounted ones that Ive seen on JKs had ovaled holes and still allowed damage to transfer through. I know its a good solution for TJs and prior Jeeps that didnt have tin foil bodies but it doesnt work well for JK's especially pig heavy 4 doors.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:22 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
Just got my TJM sliders from Extreme Terrain today. They are frame mounted sliders. I would also describe them as a mini boat sliders. They will that all the beating protecting the body plus most of the frame.

They look great! I can't wait to see them on the Jeep. Make sure you post some pics and a review to the website as well as here on the forum!

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
The body mounted ones that Ive seen on JKs had ovaled holes and still allowed damage to transfer through. I know its a good solution for TJs and prior Jeeps that didnt have tin foil bodies but it doesnt work well for JK's especially pig heavy 4 doors.
That makes sense. Being a TJ owner, there are some things that translate directly to other generations and others that don't. I guess this is one of those things that doesn't! Thanks for the info.

-Ryan

Quick Reply: I got hung up on my new steps