Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I got the Death Wobble...FML

Old 02-12-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I got the Death Wobble...FML

I'm on vacation in South lake Tahoe, Ca. right now. Yesterday I was coming back from Kirkwood, after an awesome day of snowboarding. I was driving about 45MPH going in to a turn on a mountain road when it hit...the whole front end began to shake violently...it scared the shit out of me, I slowly started to break and think about what the hell was going on...

It was about 42 degrees outside, the road was wet but not icy.

Last week I installed a new Rock Krawler HD Tie Rod, my alignment has been slightly off since the install.

Since I have a 2012 JKU, the parts supplied by RK won't work with the factory steering stabilizer on the 2012 (RK, I think you need to work this out, or offer a separate bracket that will work with the 2012 stock SS)

So, its stock other than the new Tie Rod and no Steering Stabilizer. Needless to say, I will be looking in to getting a steering stabilizer on and as soon as Rock Krawler send me my lift, I will install it, and get an alignment job!

Any other thoughts on why this happened? I've read it can be from the factory geometry being off?? could a new tie rod or no steering stabilizer cause this??
Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is everything under the jeep torqued down? And did you torque it while the jeep was on the ground or in the air?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My death wobble came from bad ball joints.

Quick Reply: I got the Death Wobble...FML