Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

i bit of help, been decieved by sales person, just noticed now... after almost 2 year

Old 10-10-2011, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by viperdrake
Dont worry my bad, i just updated my Profile im starting now to modify my Jeep so i dont have much hehe just the snorkle and the 3.5" lift.

so now that ive screwed up on my choice of Lift, what should i go with first? the superchip then 33's or 33's then superchip or tell my wife i got a super great deal like super cheap deal and get them at the same time? lol
well you didn't screw up, it's just not what i would have done, and that's OK
well if the wife doesn't fall for the sale thingy, then just get the tires first, then decide if you want the superchips
Old 10-10-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Since you have the lift already I would do 35's, "C" gussets,a procal, and a re-gear. What lift did you get?
i got a rough country 3.5" with the new 2.0 shocks, should i also get the stabilizer shock kit from RC?
Old 10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by trbizwiz
I have been looking at the 2012's. Th edealers are confused when the first question I ask is does it hav e3.73's or 3.221's. I am buying a sport so 4.10's arent an option. THe sales people always ask is it that big of a deal. For the $2K it will cost to put them in vs the $50 charge to upgrade to 3.73'2 he!! yea its a big deal. Sorry you got mislead.
The problem is that only 10% of Jeep owners actually use them for what they were intended... off-roading. (Published by Chrysler). Therefore, the sales associated lean to the 90% of owners that don't even know how to spell gearing, much less be able to articulate the difference in a 4.1 ratio vs. something else, tire size, lift clearance (Body, Coil, leveling, etc...)
Old 10-10-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Greep
I just put on 295/70/17s (just a tick over 33") with a 2011 JKU 3.8 with 3.73 gears and auto. Honestly cannot feel any difference in performance. Maybe I will on the trails...?
What tires did you get in that size?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheels for sure first

then the superchips.

The Mrs. doesnt know what a Superchip is maybe something new from the makers of Pringles?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Not trying to hijack this thread but I thought I would share a similar experience.

I was in the market for an F-150 mid December last year right before our son was born. . So we head to the Ford dealership and drive around looking at the trucks. A salesman comes out and asks if he could help me. I got out and showed him the truck I wanted. It was XLT with 3:55 gears, chrome package, power sliding rear window, rear window defrost, Sync, tow package, and a few other little things. My wife stayed in the trade in because it was slick out and very cold along with snow pouring. We didn't want to take a chance with her walking around on the lot with only a week to go before the kiddo was to arrive. Anyways I get back in the truck with her and ride her to the showroom and we get out go in and start the negotiation process. After about 2 hours we make a deal with me putting $3,000 down and he asks if I wanted to drive it or anything. I told him no that I had driven plenty of F-150's with the 5.4 and just to get the truck pulled around and have it ready to go. We go into F and I for the paper while he is moving everything over from my Tacoma to the F-150. By this time it is almost 9:00 at night. We come back out and he explains all of the features of the truck and tells me the keypad code to lock/unlock the doors along with how to use the Ford Sync system. Relived to be finished and just head home we jump in the truck and take off. Finally we make it home and come in for the night. I wanted to sit and play around with the truck but it was too dark and pouring the snow so I figured I would wait until the next day.

Next day comes and I am excited to get out and start checking out my new truck. I go to look for the rear window defroster and power up and down switch. Guess what? It wasn't there. Neither was the keypad entry doors or the tow hitch. I am instantly like what the hell is going on? I run in and grab the paperwork and get on Ford's website and match the vin to their window sticker as they did not put the sticker with my paperwork. The truck I bought did not have these options. It had everything but those 3 features. I called the dealership and explained what was going on and the salesman says well that is the truck you showed me. I said no the truck I showed you had the options we plainly discussed and I wanted the truck that we had supposedly dealt on and me purchasing. All I was told is "sorry" you got the truck you asked for. I told him about him explaining to my wife and I how the keypad code worked and even giving us the code for it as he was going over the features. He was like, no sorry I don't remember ever telling you that! I end up hanging up on him because I was getting nowhere and called the GM of the dealership. He told me he would have to speak with the salesman and that he had never heard of anyone buying the wrong vehicle. I told him I didn't buy the wrong vehicle. I bought the vehicle I showed the salesman I wanted on the lot and I should get that vehicle even if it meant me having to pay more if they figured on different numbers on a different truck. Basically in the end I was blown off by the dealership so I called Ford hoping to get some resolution. Ford asked what would it take to make me happy. I explained I just wanted the options that I thought I was buying and that is all or to be compensated in some way so I could add them. I was told something would be worked out and they would call me back. Well ends up Ford didn't ever call back and when I finally called them back with my case number I was told they had spoke to the GM of the dealership and there was nothing that could be done on their part but was explained that if I would like to work with the dealership they would be willing to work with me according to the discussion with the GM. So I call and speak to the GM again and I swear he acts like he doesn't even remember talking to anyone about this and even acts like he doesn't know who I am?

Finally I said screw it and knew this wasn't going to go anywhere and I should just be happy with what I have.

Fast Forward 4 months down the road I am driving and the truck throws the serpentine belt resulting in a tow to the dealership. The next day I get a call from the dealership saying they had accidentally wrecked my truck while moving it and had done approx $3,000 damage and they were going to sublet it out to a body shop for repair..I told them I didn't want the bed repaired as the truck only had 2200 miles on it. I advised them a new bed would be my only way of accepting the truck. They agreed finally and end up calling me 2 weeks later with my repaired truck. When I went to pick it up I noticed the bed on the l/h corner above the tail light didn't look right. I go up and rub it with my finger and I shit you not Bondo starts coming out where it hadn't cured. New bed my ass! They did a half ass repair job and I told them there was no way I was taking my truck back this way and that I would be on my way to an attorneys office after leaving there. The body shop manager said let him get with the GM and for me to just wait around. He came back and was like if you will take the truck back the way it is we will just give you a check for the amount of the original estimate which was $3,000. So not only did they have to pay the sublet to the body shop they had to cut me a check for $3,000. I bet the GM wished he would have fixed the situation in the beginning and gave me the truck they led me to believe I was buying! It probably would have never thrown the serpentine belt Karma is a bitch!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow good thing it wasn't a thread jack...
Old 10-10-2011, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Dude, wft?
Old 10-10-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Sorry never really got to vent it out to anybody. I thought you all were a shoulder to lean on. I see how it is
Old 10-10-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by deathboyardee
Not trying to hijack this thread but I thought I would share a similar experience.

I was in the market for an F-150 mid December last year right before our son was born. . So we head to the Ford dealership and drive around looking at the trucks. A salesman comes out and asks if he could help me. I got out and showed him the truck I wanted. It was XLT with 3:55 gears, chrome package, power sliding rear window, rear window defrost, Sync, tow package, and a few other little things. My wife stayed in the trade in because it was slick out and very cold along with snow pouring. We didn't want to take a chance with her walking around on the lot with only a week to go before the kiddo was to arrive. Anyways I get back in the truck with her and ride her to the showroom and we get out go in and start the negotiation process. After about 2 hours we make a deal with me putting $3,000 down and he asks if I wanted to drive it or anything. I told him no that I had driven plenty of F-150's with the 5.4 and just to get the truck pulled around and have it ready to go. We go into F and I for the paper while he is moving everything over from my Tacoma to the F-150. By this time it is almost 9:00 at night. We come back out and he explains all of the features of the truck and tells me the keypad code to lock/unlock the doors along with how to use the Ford Sync system. Relived to be finished and just head home we jump in the truck and take off. Finally we make it home and come in for the night. I wanted to sit and play around with the truck but it was too dark and pouring the snow so I figured I would wait until the next day.

Next day comes and I am excited to get out and start checking out my new truck. I go to look for the rear window defroster and power up and down switch. Guess what? It wasn't there. Neither was the keypad entry doors or the tow hitch. I am instantly like what the hell is going on? I run in and grab the paperwork and get on Ford's website and match the vin to their window sticker as they did not put the sticker with my paperwork. The truck I bought did not have these options. It had everything but those 3 features. I called the dealership and explained what was going on and the salesman says well that is the truck you showed me. I said no the truck I showed you had the options we plainly discussed and I wanted the truck that we had supposedly dealt on and me purchasing. All I was told is "sorry" you got the truck you asked for. I told him about him explaining to my wife and I how the keypad code worked and even giving us the code for it as he was going over the features. He was like, no sorry I don't remember ever telling you that! I end up hanging up on him because I was getting nowhere and called the GM of the dealership. He told me he would have to speak with the salesman and that he had never heard of anyone buying the wrong vehicle. I told him I didn't buy the wrong vehicle. I bought the vehicle I showed the salesman I wanted on the lot and I should get that vehicle even if it meant me having to pay more if they figured on different numbers on a different truck. Basically in the end I was blown off by the dealership so I called Ford hoping to get some resolution. Ford asked what would it take to make me happy. I explained I just wanted the options that I thought I was buying and that is all or to be compensated in some way so I could add them. I was told something would be worked out and they would call me back. Well ends up Ford didn't ever call back and when I finally called them back with my case number I was told they had spoke to the GM of the dealership and there was nothing that could be done on their part but was explained that if I would like to work with the dealership they would be willing to work with me according to the discussion with the GM. So I call and speak to the GM again and I swear he acts like he doesn't even remember talking to anyone about this and even acts like he doesn't know who I am?

Finally I said screw it and knew this wasn't going to go anywhere and I should just be happy with what I have.

Fast Forward 4 months down the road I am driving and the truck throws the serpentine belt resulting in a tow to the dealership. The next day I get a call from the dealership saying they had accidentally wrecked my truck while moving it and had done approx $3,000 damage and they were going to sublet it out to a body shop for repair..I told them I didn't want the bed repaired as the truck only had 2200 miles on it. I advised them a new bed would be my only way of accepting the truck. They agreed finally and end up calling me 2 weeks later with my repaired truck. When I went to pick it up I noticed the bed on the l/h corner above the tail light didn't look right. I go up and rub it with my finger and I shit you not Bondo starts coming out where it hadn't cured. New bed my ass! They did a half ass repair job and I told them there was no way I was taking my truck back this way and that I would be on my way to an attorneys office after leaving there. The body shop manager said let him get with the GM and for me to just wait around. He came back and was like if you will take the truck back the way it is we will just give you a check for the amount of the original estimate which was $3,000. So not only did they have to pay the sublet to the body shop they had to cut me a check for $3,000. I bet the GM wished he would have fixed the situation in the beginning and gave me the truck they led me to believe I was buying! It probably would have never thrown the serpentine belt Karma is a bitch!
wow.. and i here i thougth i got the F...

btw guys.... sigh... i should stay in my nice cubicle hahaha.... is there any real difference between the shock absorber from a 4 door to a 2 door? ... coming back from work i ran over a pothole... and my jeep went crazy i mean... like shaking to death... had to lower gears slowly to 1 since braking only made it worse... asked a friend.. he shook the car and told me that it was moving a lot... that it shouldn't rock that much.. asked me if my Shocks where broken cause it seemed it was on the coils... told him that the shocks where new... just mounted this past Saturday with the lift... he then asked me.... are was the kit for a 4 door? to which i replied... sigh.. yes... where i bought the lift they dindt have the 2 door lift but they told me it was exactly the same.. they showed me the package items and is really was... the 2 door model is the 608 and the 4 door is the 609 same parts and everything..... but my friend told me that i should go and ask the store to change the stocks to the 2 door one.. cause supposedly since the 4 door weighs more the shocks raise faster... and since the 2door is less weight the shock just destabilizes the car.....

is this true??

damm i wish this was like programming lol :P

Quick Reply: i bit of help, been decieved by sales person, just noticed now... after almost 2 year