Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I bent my tie rod....which tie rod should i buy?

Old 12-23-2011, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys!..i got a good deal on the RK $170 total...i'll post some pics when done...thanks again!

A.B.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the steel Rock Krawler - it weighs about 60 pounds and I have beaten the heck out of it with no bending. I'll bet you could jack the Jeep up by it if need be. Amazing.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SiliconTi
I have the steel Rock Krawler - it weighs about 60 pounds and I have beaten the heck out of it with no bending. I'll bet you could jack the Jeep up by it if need be. Amazing.
are there a couple options? for some reason thought there was one that cost a lot more than 170
Old 12-23-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
are there a couple options? for some reason thought there was one that cost a lot more than 170
it's the same RK tie rod that some vendors have for $270 plus
Old 12-23-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

They offer a pro (aluminum) version.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pontiac31
They offer a pro (aluminum) version.
That is the one I was thinking of. Thx!
Old 12-24-2011, 03:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
There are two versions - this is the heavy duty version that takes the 1" threaded ends. Cost a lot, maybe $300. Got it at Northridge.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SiliconTi
There are two versions - this is the heavy duty version that takes the 1" threaded ends. Cost a lot, maybe $300. Got it at Northridge.
but worth every penny, I also must of hit on some rocks at some time, I have a little damage to my ss relocate bracket somehow but tie rod and ss are still in great shape
Old 12-26-2011, 09:18 AM
JK Junkie

Default Currie Tie Rod

Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti
Matter of fact I was going to buy one when I do get tired of straightening my stock one, I guess I am going to build one or buy the RK based on your feedback. Currie had always made pretty stout stuff in the past, I wonder what happened.
Not sure bubba, but they definitely didn't put forth a best effort on either the tie rod or drag link judging by the poor design and quality. The way they've chosen to warranty the tie rod isn't garnering much lost goodwill either as they're requiring their customers to cover all the shipping, and charging our cards for the re-designed components (until the bad stuff is shipped back) which doesn't receive any high marks for great customer service in my book. I'm thankful Currie is doing something, but their approach makes me feel like it's my fault that the boots tear and spit grease, the hardware rusts in two weeks, neither the TR and DL are restricted from twisting like crazy once mounted, and that some are experiencing catastrophic failure of the Tie Rod (snaps in half).

I agree that the Rock Krawler solution sounds like the way to go based on the chorus of satisfied customers here.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fadeout
. . . and jkrubi I'm still waiting for my refund of that $150 it doesn't come as quick as they charge the card to get the new one to you... there's a shocker
It's been a week - you receive a refund yet fadeout?

Quick Reply: I bent my tie rod....which tie rod should i buy?