Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I am in a really bad mood...Teraflex leveling Kit Help Please....

Old 01-04-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can do it with one hand when everything is loosened properly. only do one rear side at a time, dont try to pull both sides down at once. i also liked to undo my rear abs harness from one of its clips on each side for extra safety too. if you are really tight and the parking brake cable is holding up the rear from dropping you can undo the single 10mm nut into the floor to loosen that parking brake. and put a jack under one side and jack up. you'd be surprised how much the other side drops.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am not sure if the unlimited is a different setup that makes it harder...but there is no way these could "slide' in. I ended up removing the ebrake holder and disconnecting the sway bar. The I used a friends pry bar to pop the coils in. This was not fun lol.

But, I dont want to disparage the product! I was very impressed with the quality and the outcome is so worth it...the jeep on the 33's with the leveling kit looks exactly how I hoped. I think if i just had a coil compressor this would have been a breeze!

Thanks for all the suggestions and help...I was freaking out a bit and panicking. Its my daily driver....it was jacked up with no rear coils halfway in and halfway out of the garage and its getting cold lol.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All anyone has to do is follow the steps in the Tera 2.5 BB install.
Rear springs just fall out if you disconnect what your supposed too. If you try to shortcut by not disconnecting all parts needed, it usually takes you longer than if you'd did it right in the first place.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

glad it worked out.... but if you had to pry the shocks in and out, something was wrong. they should have practically fallen out. loosening the trackbar would have made things a whole lot easier.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by indyjeep
I am not sure if the unlimited is a different setup that makes it harder...but there is no way these could "slide' in. I ended up removing the ebrake holder and disconnecting the sway bar. The I used a friends pry bar to pop the coils in. This was not fun lol.

But, I dont want to disparage the product! I was very impressed with the quality and the outcome is so worth it...the jeep on the 33's with the leveling kit looks exactly how I hoped. I think if i just had a coil compressor this would have been a breeze!

Thanks for all the suggestions and help...I was freaking out a bit and panicking. Its my daily driver....it was jacked up with no rear coils halfway in and halfway out of the garage and its getting cold lol.
Unlimited is same as 2dr. I've had 2 2drs and an unlimited and have done both spacer and coil lifts on all 3. They do slide right in. Where were your jack stands positioned?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by indyjeep

Good to hear you got the kit installed. Did you take before/after pics?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Sorry to hear you having sud a time with this install.
I have installed two different Tf lift kits. Both were a follow the instructions sort of thing. Might just want to reread everything and understand the differnet parts. I bet there is some small thing you are overlooking. I know how easy it is to do that.
Also, one thing no one mentions is that little wire going to the brakes. Make sure you don't streach that!. But really your springs with fall into place. Had to be a tad more forefull in the fron on mine, but no big deal.. Keep trying.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by randyd
Also, one thing no one mentions is that little wire going to the brakes. Make sure you don't streach that!.
i mentioned that..
Old 01-05-2011, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by plac
i mentioned that..
Sorry
Old 01-05-2011, 10:58 AM
JK Super Freak

If you only undo the shocks and sway bar, it is QUITE difficult to get the springs back in with the spacer. They do fall out easy enough, but going in with the spacers is TOUGH.

I had my wife stand on the lug nuts and bounce up and down to get the axle to drop just a hair more and I was able to slip the spring in.

Otherwise, undoing other things would have been necessary. Spring compressors don't work well on the rear. I used them on the front to make things easy. I own a pair and have an air ratchet so they were easy to use.

Quick Reply: I am in a really bad mood...Teraflex leveling Kit Help Please....