Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I am in a really bad mood...Teraflex leveling Kit Help Please....

Old 01-04-2011, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am in a really bad mood...Teraflex leveling Kit Help Please....

Ok, after what was much more work then it should have been...about 2 hours...i am on to the back. I have the Jeep on Jack Stands...removed the shocks as per instructions, and lowered the rear axel as far as it will go. It took about 10 minutes to pry the coil ouy of one side....now how am i supposed to put it back in with an inch compressed?

Did I need to buy spring compressors? These "easy" instructions not care for these ridiculous issues. please help! Do I need to remove more stuff?
Old 01-04-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe track bar? Something has you held up other than coils, just take loose whatever it is.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Just push down as hard as you can on the axle. You may have to loosen not take off the bolt holding the brake line bracket on.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Don't take offense to this - but the shocks are off/loose right? The coils should pretty much drop out once the axle is lowered
Old 01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

unbolt the little braking hold the brake line incase you start tugging too hard. get a helping hand if possible. (helps if its your first time) and just monster it in there. dont be afraid of the jeep! you will just hurt a finger or two when you slip

but seriously.. if everything is loose it should fit. it did on mine with a nice push. take both springs out. the second will probably come out easier.

also loosen the shocks if you havnt.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ended up running down to my closest Advance Auto and buying a spring compressor - I know everyone says they're not needed, but it made the job much easier and I didn't have to unbolt a gazillion things to get the springs in and out.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Look at the suspension, brake lines, and wiring carefully. Determine what is limiting the suspension droop and disconnect it. In the rear, the lower shock bolts and where the e-brake cable connects to the floor pan needs to be disconnected. I thought the rear was easier than the front, but neither was too difficult.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

Did you disconnect the sway bar links? I didn't see those mentioned.

Last edited by Denny2565; 01-04-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do not need to remove the track bar or any control arms. Just the sway bar links, lower shock bolts, and E brake hanger. I just fit 4" coils in with ease, without a a spring compressor.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Autozone rents spring compressors for FREE with a credit card deposit...go get yourself one and call it a day. I could not have done mine without it...

Quick Reply: I am in a really bad mood...Teraflex leveling Kit Help Please....