Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I am losing my mind!

Old 05-29-2008, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am losing my mind!

I know you will all tell me to search threads and I have. I have read everything I can find. I also know that I just need to make a decision. However, I cannot decide on a lift. I have narrowed it down to the Rough Country 4" or the Rusty's 3.25". I think they will both net about the same lift and I have a four door so I should be ok with driveshafts. I will be running 36" iroks. Do any of you have any information you could share before I order?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

searching might help
Old 05-29-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MAROONJEEP
searching might help
he did that.... sorry can't help
Old 05-29-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by jsquyres4
I know you will all tell me to search threads and I have. I have read everything I can find. I also know that I just need to make a decision. However, I cannot decide on a lift. I have narrowed it down to the Rough Country 4" or the Rusty's 3.25". I think they will both net about the same lift and I have a four door so I should be ok with driveshafts. I will be running 36" iroks. Do any of you have any information you could share before I order?
Paralysis by analysis.

Flip a coin...if you feel good about the result, get the lift the coin picked.

If disappointed by the results, get the other lift.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default Why rusty's though?

I like the phrase, Paralysis by Analysis, which is something I suffer from often, probably due to my career. Do you mind if I use that in my practice, TEEJ?

Is there anyone out there willling to buy both, try them out and then give me a detailed report? LOL
Old 05-29-2008, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Plus Delta

This happens to me all the time. If it's a big purchase, the paralysis lasts for a couple of weeks...

I'll end up using a technique we use at work to make big decisions called a 'Plus Delta'. Get yourself a pencil and paper and make two columns.

The left column should have a Plus sign '+' at the top, the right side a Delta sign or a '-' sign or whatever, you get the picture.

List all the positives and negatives for both kits, either on the same sheet or do them separately and see which one ends up having the most positives.

If it's really close, then you may have to go back and weight the comments, or add a number between one and 10 or whatever, then add them up.

Hope that helps! I'm checking myself in for anti-analness therapy soon...
Old 05-29-2008, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

I just got my Rusty's in yesterday. Hopefully installing this weekend. it makes me feel good when you can call and talk to "Rusty" and get his guidance and opinon. plus I hear the rough country is a little rough riding.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KiltedNerd
I just got my Rusty's in yesterday. Hopefully installing this weekend. it makes me feel good when you can call and talk to "Rusty" and get his guidance and opinon. plus I hear the rough country is a little rough riding.
i am happy with my rusty's springs and track bar. it gives well over 3.25 inches tho.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:19 PM
JK Freak

I got the RC and it has been great for me.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

x2 rustys, i put on my wifes ride is great, fits 35s on 16x10 rim with 4in backspacing, had on moderate trails no issues, little tight, as far full flex, if it were on a 16x8 with 3.5 back spacing no prob at all......Click image for larger version

Name:	ba400oFxGw16lq8*uRa1disO7ELy3GShmgyv_l.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	9624

Click image for larger version

Name:	ba400oFxGw16lq8*uRa1disO7EMJQ3u9sM46_l.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	9625

Quick Reply: I am losing my mind!