Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hypertech programmer

Old 08-25-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rattler
Who has added the hypertech programmer?what do you think of it? Would you suggest adding one with 3" lift 35" tires,dual tip cat back exhaust,cold air intake,or will i have enough extra boost from what im putting on now.this is on a 2 door 07 wrangler

Was never terribly impressed. This is one of those things where some notice the difference and love it and some don't. It's usually a split. I'm sure what everybody will agree on is there is no huge performance gain so don't buy it if that's what you’re expecting.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

"Wow" I think its very interesting how some people love it and some say its a waste of time & money. For scientific reasons, how many of you Hypertec owners are smokin the wacky-tabacky ? How can this be such a two sided result ?
Old 08-25-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camden19
"Wow" I think its very interesting how some people love it and some say its a waste of time & money. For scientific reasons, how many of you Hypertec owners are smokin the wacky-tabacky ? How can this be such a two sided result ?
Some of it also depends on how your rig is set up. Weight, tire size, gearing, intake, exhaust etc. etc. will all play a roll in how the module impacts your performance.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TYCOON12
Some of it also depends on how your rig is set up. Weight, tire size, gearing, intake, exhaust etc. etc. will all play a roll in how the module impacts your performance.
I have a theory that a majority of people who can tell the difference drive Automatic transmissions... With a manual tranny, you learn to shift your way around the torque curve and engine deficiencies, whereas us guys with the auto are somewhat left to the mercy of the computer.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MOWrangler
I have a theory that a majority of people who can tell the difference drive Automatic transmissions... With a manual tranny, you learn to shift your way around the torque curve and engine deficiencies, whereas us guys with the auto are somewhat left to the mercy of the computer.
I guess I can support half the theory as I'm a manual transmission user of a 2 door JK and you can color me unimpressed.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by MOWrangler
I have a theory that a majority of people who can tell the difference drive Automatic transmissions...
You might have a point there. Curtis (my 18 year old son, for those of you not in the know) drove an auto transmission for the first time the other day. His reaction after getting out of it (we were dropping it off for a friend): "How can folks drive those things, Dad? I mean, you can't use the torque curve at all to accelerate or turn or anything! It's just whatever the transmission decides to do!"
Old 08-25-2008, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just add me to the list of people who love the Hypertech Programmer. If you have larger tires and want better mpg and power and smoother acceleration with quicker take offs...... oh geez just get it already.

I will say I was put off by what I felt was a HIGH price, but after getting it realized it was well worth it!
Old 08-25-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my programmer today thanks David . I cant say i feel any power increase but it was worth the money too smooth out the shifts. And correct the speedo. Its drives like it did stock now with 35" tires and 513 gears.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

At first I noticed a little better responsiveness in the drive by wire, but I didn't really notice any power gains until I switched to the premium setting and used premium fuel. It still doesn't do a 10 sec 1/4 mile, but it improved my mileage about 2mpg while pulling our camper. My average went up from about 10 mpg to about 12 mpg with O/D off and pulling a camper. I like it. I have an auto trans and it may have a more effect than on a manual shift.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ronson
Got my programmer today thanks David . I cant say i feel any power increase but it was worth the money too smooth out the shifts. And correct the speedo. Its drives like it did stock now with 35" tires and 513 gears.
Did you get the AccuPro or the performance programmer? I agree with you on the results...but I got that with the AccuPro. My Stage1 JetChip did give me a nominal power increase...though not sure it was worth the $. I think the AccuPro is worth the money if you have an auto tranny and larger than stock tires. BTW, David at Northridge rocks!

Quick Reply: Hypertech programmer