Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

hypertech programer

Old 03-02-2011, 12:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hypertech programer

Just wondering peoples thoughts about it, im getting for a good deal, some feedback please.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:12 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Works great for setting tire size. Also lets you set gear ratio, although I don't think that truly affects your odometer/speedometer. It's supposed to improve gas mileage and horsepower, but these changes are pretty difficult to discern. There is a premium gas option, but I've never used it. I also run a standard tranny, so can't comment on the impact to auto shift points.

JP magazine tested the programmers a while back and the SuperChips was the best at improving HP/Torque--by a slight amount. Other programmers offer nice touches such as steering wheel centering, TPMS override, etc. If one of them features is important to you, you might want to pass on the Hypertech.

If you do decide on the Hypertech, ensure that it has been de-programmed from the original vehicle. Except for the very, very earliest models, it will be tied to a specific vehicle by VIN number. You can't use it to program another JK unless you first return the prior vehicle to stock firmware.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:07 AM
JK Newbie

I have one and love it. It works well for changing tire size. I use the premium setting and have noticed a fuel increase of about 1.75 mpg.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have been running one for a couple of years so far and like it.

I know some of the Superchip guys have had problems when stacking mods but this does not appear to be a problem for Hypertech. Also, new JKs are having problems loading the SC tuner, again, not a problem for Hypertech.

Like the previous poster stated, ensure the previous owner set his vehicle back to stock.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stkman252
I have one and love it. It works well for changing tire size. I use the premium setting and have noticed a fuel increase of about 1.75 mpg.
That's after the bigger tires and 2 inch spacer lift.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the SN# on the back of the unit? I can check its history for you and let you know if it has any past problems in our notes from past owners.

Quick Reply: hypertech programer