Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hypertech Interceptor Tuner

Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hypertech Interceptor Tuner

Anybody have it? Also says it's another 200 dollars to ad the speedo cal kit. That's dumb. But it says it leaves the diagnostic port open, so does that mean you could program your jeeps speedo and all that with an AEV procal and then put the tuner on?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 1978cj7jk2012
Anybody have it? Also says it's another 200 dollars to ad the speedo cal kit. That's dumb. But it says it leaves the diagnostic port open, so does that mean you could program your jeeps speedo and all that with an AEV procal and then put the tuner on?
I am curious to know as well since I already have the AEV ProCal.

Also wondering what kind of gains if any, people are getting out of this big glob of wires before I throw my $350 out there.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

I talked with a tech from Hypertech on Friday. They will be shipping the Intercepter this week. He told me that it will correct for tires and gears. You can also lock your axles on the rubicon. You can now use your sway bar disconnect up to 35 mph. No power programmer for 2012-13. It will sale for $549.00.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jk4thedirt
I talked with a tech from Hypertech on Friday. They will be shipping the Intercepter this week. He told me that it will correct for tires and gears. You can also lock your axles on the rubicon. You can now use your sway bar disconnect up to 35 mph. No power programmer for 2012-13. It will sale for $549.00.
$550 without a power programmer? Are they nuts?!

Yeah, I'll stick with my ProCal... thanks but no thanks.

Last edited by palehorse; 12-18-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

They nay have priced themselves out if the market with this. It seems all the other tuners I have seen are priced $100-$150 cheaper.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Does this come with a free BJ?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Monte417
Does this come with a free BJ?
It best be from Sofía Vergara
Old 12-19-2012, 03:10 AM
JK Super Freak

I talked to Jegs yesterday and the rep informed me they have 2 different parts one being an under hood programmer and the other to change gear ratios, speedo, etc. He quoted me $349.00 for the power programmer and $150.00 for the other programmer that does the speedo calibration, gear ratio, locker engagement and so forth. Physically he explained the power programmer hooks up under the hood and comes inside the JK behind the fuel pedal. Looking at the pictures they are showing for the harness setup for the 12 and 13's it shows connections for all of all of the under hood sensors so it makes sense. Now I am just confused....

Last edited by deathboyardee; 12-19-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:10 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I just ordered it...

I already have the AEV procal so I purchased the cheaper unit ($360). It's on backorder right now but as soon as quadratec has it, it'll ship out. Customer service said they expect delivery within the next several days to their docks.

I'll slap it on probably before I throw the airaid on so I'll keep you posted.

Where the norcal jeepers at? I need to hit up some easy/moderate trails as soon as this curry tie rod shows up.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
I already have the AEV procal so I purchased the cheaper unit ($360). It's on backorder right now but as soon as quadratec has it, it'll ship out. Customer service said they expect delivery within the next several days to their docks.

I'll slap it on probably before I throw the airaid on so I'll keep you posted.

Where the norcal jeepers at? I need to hit up some easy/moderate trails as soon as this curry tie rod shows up.
Btw, Unichip just came out with their version as well. I may cancel my order on the hypertech since it hasn't shipped out yet and pick this one up instead....

Unichip - 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK tuning chip | car tuning

Dyno:
http://www.unichip.us/system/uploads..._Jeep_JK_3.pdf

Quick Reply: Hypertech Interceptor Tuner