Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

hypertech help...

Old 02-02-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hypertech help...

so i played around with my h-tech programmer this weekend. didn't really change anything.

i'm still using all the settings (35's, 4.88's, reg. gas,etc) i originally programmed it with.

i twerked my fan settings a bit.

i now notice that i have even more pep, and reading nearly 17mpg!

has anyone extensively tinkered with theirs and got more juice out of their anemic motor like me?

i'm all ears on this one...

oh, i have an auto...
Old 02-02-2009, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

I actually de-programmed mine this weekend so that I can take it in to the dealer for some warranty work. At first I didn't think I could tell much of a difference, but then when I downshifted going up a hill I found the part I lost. With the Hypertech when it kicks out of OD into D, it will pick up speed when going up the hills however without the hypertech, it will barely hold the same speed.

We're not talking about night and day, but the difference is enough that I can't wait to get it back after the service work so that I can reprogram it.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

I recently downloaded the latest update then reprogrammed the jeep and let me tell you, I noticed a huge difference in it.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Any word on if Hypertech will have a TPMS defeat like the AEV does? That is the only thing keeping me from buying one.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Big A
Any word on if Hypertech will have a TPMS defeat like the AEV does? That is the only thing keeping me from buying one.
Honestly, I'm pretty much planning on buying the AEV for disabling TPMS and running it stacked with the Hypertech. If Hypertech adds this functionality, it would be great, but I am not betting the farm on seeing it anytime in the near future.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MOWrangler
Honestly, I'm pretty much planning on buying the AEV for disabling TPMS and running it stacked with the Hypertech. If Hypertech adds this functionality, it would be great, but I am not betting the farm on seeing it anytime in the near future.
Hmm...

So, You can stack these? That would be a great way to go then!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Big A
Hmm...

So, You can stack these? That would be a great way to go then!
I think David @ Northridge said he stacked his. I haven't ordered an AEV yet, but it will be on my short list when I replace the wheels and don't want to run TPMS any more!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have an 08 Rubicon automatic and I am only getting about 13 miles to a gallon with the programmer. I have a friend who has an 07 Sahara manual and he gets somewhere in the 17s to. I don't know what the problem with mine is.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JNMLLE
Your problem is that you have a yellow 2-door jeep.
What does yellow and 2 doors have to do with it?
Old 02-03-2009, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JNMLLE
Your problem is that you have a yellow 2-door jeep.
Originally Posted by yellow08rubicon
What does yellow and 2 doors have to do with it?
Ah yes, the famous "Color and Doors Theorem". I believe physicist Max Planck worked on this before switching to quantum theory...

MPG = Paint color molecular strength x # of Doors / Gear Ratio x 42 (42 being the answer to Life, The Universe, and Everthing)

In modern times the CaD theorem has been discredited as Planck's work involved only studying Willys-Overland jeeps and the variety of colors and door options was quite limited.

Last edited by Edge; 02-03-2009 at 04:41 AM.

Quick Reply: hypertech help...