Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hypertech ECON vs. Max Power vs. Superchip for 2008...need testimonials please!

Old 09-08-2011, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the SC but was not impressed with the performance after (or lack of them). I changed the tire size and lowered the tpms. It can read and clear codes if you needed. Is that worth $300 is preference. If it adds hp's it is minimal and if someone can tell you they can they should have some one put it back to stock when they arnt looking. Bet they don't know.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haha!
Well here's the skinny on the Hypertechs for those reading this looking for the difference between their two programmers. I just called their tech department and they basically told me that the ECON is exactly the same as the Max Power but without the tuning capabilities. So I guess my revised inquiry is the Max Power vs. the SC Flashpaq.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got the SC Flashpaq last week and did the 87 tune. I can definitely say that I like the way it shifts now as it feels more responsive. I must say though that 1st into 2nd (in the auto) it feels a bit fast/jerky.

The one thing, which is going to be hard to determine the cause, is that my MPG seems to be lower now. Keep in mind that the day before I put on a Gibson Dual Tip Muffler, so I don't know which could be the culprit. My wheels/tires and gears are still all stock for the Rubicon, so that shouldn't be a factor. From what I've read on other threads here supposedly the jeep needs like 400 miles to "learn" the new tune or something, so I'm trying to wait it out a bit before I try any other tunes on the Flashpaq.

The Jeep does feel a bit quicker with even just the 87 tune though, that's for sure!

Quick Reply: Hypertech ECON vs. Max Power vs. Superchip for 2008...need testimonials please!