Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hypertech Accupro or Maxpower for 6spd?

Old 01-05-2009, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech Accupro or Maxpower for 6spd?

Which should I get for the 2D six speed with 35's (one day 37s)? Does the maxpower seem worth it on the six speed, or should I just get the accu pro?
Old 01-05-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Junkie

I have the 6-speed and am currently waiting for my Accu-Pro in the mail. After countless hours of reading threads on the Hypertech, I'm not convinced $380 is worth spending for speedometer correction and a "better throttle response". $200, and the speedo is corrected. All I need it for.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't looked too much into all the workings of the accupro but from what i know i've kinda wondered is it really worth it to spend $200 if all it mainly does is reprogram the speedometer... I mean when i went up to 37's on my truck i just went to the dodge dealership and they reprogrammed my computer for $50 I think. Kind of a rip off for all the hard "work" it entails but still a lot cheaper than buying a programmer. I guess you can use it to read codes and stuff too but auto zone will do that for free anyway, not sure if i quite understand the real point of getting the accu-pro..?
Old 01-05-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have hypertechs max energy, manual tranny, 35's on 4.10 gears and I LOVE IT!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Do you run premium gas? What options does it give you for the manual?

Quick Reply: Hypertech Accupro or Maxpower for 6spd?