Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hypertec max energy programmer

Old 12-19-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertec max energy programmer

Ok so I have a max energy programmer and it felt like something wasnt right so I returned to stock and then hookup up to the net to get the updates and then proceeded to install running premium fuel and 35 in tires and it seemed to take a bit longer than normal. And when it was done it said to turn key on but dont start and I did and pressed y and it said successfully programmed vehicle. Went to start it and I didnt get anything not even a click and battery is brand new optima blue top. So I called hypertec and did a few things and still nothing. I had to have it towed to the dealer and hope they dont find it programmed. hypertec said they wont be able to notice it. Anyone else have this prob? I sure hope it didnt fry my computer. Any advice?
Old 12-19-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by steves07jk
Ok so I have a max energy programmer and it felt like something wasnt right so I returned to stock and then hookup up to the net to get the updates and then proceeded to install running premium fuel and 35 in tires and it seemed to take a bit longer than normal. And when it was done it said to turn key on but dont start and I did and pressed y and it said successfully programmed vehicle. Went to start it and I didnt get anything not even a click and battery is brand new optima blue top. So I called hypertec and did a few things and still nothing. I had to have it towed to the dealer and hope they dont find it programmed. hypertec said they wont be able to notice it. Anyone else have this prob? I sure hope it didnt fry my computer. Any advice?
Dumb question, but did you unhook the programming before trying to start the vehicle?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did not "fry" your ECM. If anything you "dummied" it. When you flash software to a FlashROM it sometimes can loose its program. Then there is no way to restore it because its lost its direction. Dealers should be able fix it, if not you need to get hypertech to hook you up since there stuff did this.

I have a Hypertech Max Energy and have had great success with it. Sorry about your problems, let us know when you get yours fixed.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so I heard from the dealer today they had to order a new pcm so now another question? Is that my computer?
Old 12-20-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Yes, your pcm had a hard flash problem from the sound of it. Its now a brick. Same thing happens to computer hardware when it crashes and cannot be recovered. Its called "bricked".

Hope they fix it for free.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor

If not, Hypertech should pick up the tab.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone else had this happen to them cause now I am kinda worried about installing the hypertec back on there when I get it back.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor

Has anyone else had this happen to them cause now I am kinda worried about installing the hypertec back on there when I get it back.
It's the first time I've heard of the issue.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks planman
Old 12-21-2008, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

How will I know if they flash the ecu. Should I ask them before they get the new pcm? They had to get it from somewhere else cause no one in the valley had one.

Quick Reply: Hypertec max energy programmer