Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hydrolock in Charlotte, NC - Hemi?

Old 06-19-2013, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baddintentions4u
Bro do the hemi swap!! I did it and paid $11,500.00 and that was engine, tranny, parts needed for the swap (AEV conversion kit and other small parts), labor (I had a local shop in Texas do the swap) and I was able to throw in an AEV snorkel kit. So minus the snorkel kit I paid about $10,500.00 for everything. It's a worthwhile investment and I haven't had any issues whatsoever with my hemi or the install.
Man, that is an awesome price for your swap. I have about $14,000 in mine and did it myself. This includes a brand new crate 6.4 and a low mileage used 545rfe and the AEV kit and all the small parts. But it doesnt include the 40 plus hours of my time doing it. Like you I have had zero issues, its works like stock, only fun.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 392jku
Man, that is an awesome price for your swap. I have about $14,000 in mine and did it myself. This includes a brand new crate 6.4 and a low mileage used 545rfe and the AEV kit and all the small parts. But it doesnt include the 40 plus hours of my time doing it. Like you I have had zero issues, its works like stock, only fun.
Hell Yeah on the FUN meter!! LOL, mines is a blast to drive and handles any and everything I throw at her whether it's towing, rockcrawling, mudding or trail riding. She's a BEAST with BALLs...lol. My buddy drove it from Palm Coast, FL to Enterprise, AL and fell in LOVE with the power and handling. Definitely the best investment I've put in my jeep. Now I just have to get Dana 60s or a Prorock 44 and go 37s or 38s and I'm pretty much done with my mods.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image7.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	469766   Click image for larger version

Name:	image5.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	469767   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3603610649.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	469768  

Quick Reply: Hydrolock in Charlotte, NC - Hemi?