Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hydro vs Fox shocks

Old 03-23-2015, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hydro vs Fox shocks

Which shock would be a better choice for a smoother ride. Currently it feels as if I am riding on top of a rock even on the highway. Which will help to keep even the smallest bumps from slamming the entire jeep?
Old 03-23-2015, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the smallest bumps are jarring your ride it sounds like your running spacers or your springs are too stiff... I could be wrong... Whats your current setup: shocks, springs, bumps?
Old 03-23-2015, 08:40 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good starting point.

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
If the smallest bumps are jarring your ride it sounds like your running spacers or your springs are too stiff... I could be wrong... Whats your current setup: shocks, springs, bumps?
Old 03-23-2015, 08:44 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
do spacers make for a bad ride? I have a puck with oem springs on the back.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

no, they dont. in fact the characteristics of stock suspension stays the same with the spacers...
Old 03-23-2015, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PET77
no, they dont. in fact the characteristics of stock suspension stays the same with the spacers...
I think some considerations have to be made when talking about spacers and ride quality. A lot of times spacers are used to make up for ride height lost to heavy accessories. When I added my front & rear bumpers, winch, 35's and armor to a nearly stock suspension I lost quite a bit of ride height as I added hundreds of pounds to my suspension. I added spacers to regain my lost height, at no fault of the spacers my springs started sagging in no time at all. My ride suffered tremendously from the sagging springs. On the other hand new springs designed to carry a heavier load at a higher height made the ride in my opinion better than stock.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PET77
I had teraflex 1.5 spacers on a 2 door softtop rubicon, and I can say I felt the difference and it was not a positive experience. It reminded me of ride quality of a Firebird I had put lowering springs on. Made the ride more harsh.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Subscribe.. I'm interested this myself.. These Skyjackers shocks (hydro) aren't working out.. I should have listened to my mechanic when he was installing them. The name of the game today is going to be comfort.. as best that can be acquired for a jeep.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tire size and pressure?

Quick Reply: Hydro vs Fox shocks