Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hydro Assit or Fox ATS

Old 12-01-2015, 07:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
PR44s are designed to run with dual Fox ATS stabilizers and PSC hydro assist.
I think i may just drill and tap a chunk of solid steel, put a heim on each end and bolt it where my ss goes. Should stop all wobbles.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz

I think i may just drill and tap a chunk of solid steel, put a heim on each end and bolt it where my ss goes. Should stop all wobbles.
I'm losing my shit when I read this hahaha best thing I've read all day.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tooslow76
I have a PR44 with ARB locker. I'm thinking of going with a Hydro Assit or Fox ATS. Do anyone have any pro's or Con's on this.
I've had both, don't waste your money. The control I get of my heavy ass set up on the street is MILES apart going Ram Assist. Do it right the first time and apply that $450 to the Ram, you will be happy you did!
Old 12-02-2015, 02:40 AM
JK Junkie

I run the ATS and it did help things at first. I wouldnt say its a complete waste .. Somebody will pay $200 for it if/When i go hydro
Old 12-02-2015, 03:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Fox ATS!!! I run it thanks to some great advice from my local Midas! I run two connected to the bar that is connected to both tires and one on the bar that goes from the passenger side fist to the man arm pit on the driver side. Believe me, much better than stock!!!!!! No more DW!!!!!
Old 12-02-2015, 05:00 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Fox ATS!!! I run it thanks to some great advice from my local Midas! I run two connected to the bar that is connected to both tires and one on the bar that goes from the passenger side fist to the man arm pit on the driver side. Believe me, much better than stock!!!!!! No more DW!!!!!
You cant forget the rear axle .
Old 12-02-2015, 05:13 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by kjeeper10

You cant forget the rear axle .
D30 rear steer for the rear with Fox ats would be a BEAST!
Old 12-02-2015, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
If that's all it took to cure your DW...you got of very lucky! But it's a Band-Aid fix. There are bigger issues going on and in time they will rear their ugly heads. Be forewarned.....a SS no matter what brand or how much you pay for it is EVER going to fix DW.

OP....as has already been suggested....used that $400+ and put it towards hydro assist. Money well spent and definitely on my short list. I'll likely be going the Redneck Ram route myself, as I've had the opportunity to experience it for myself. Went on a shakedown run with a buddy after installing his and it's night and day better! Got his steering bound up in some rocks with 37's with both axles locked and was able to turn the steering wheel with my pinky.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RubiBus

OP....as has already been suggested....used that $400+ and put it towards hydro assist. Money well spent and definitely on my short list. I'll likely be going the Redneck Ram route myself, as I've had the opportunity to experience it for myself. Went on a shakedown run with a buddy after installing his and it's night and day better! Got his steering bound up in some rocks with 37's with both axles locked and was able to turn the steering wheel with my pinky.

I second this. I went the full PSC hydro assist kit route and love it. I used to play college/pro ball and was fighting the steering in the rocks and finally said enough. Couldn't be happier - turns the wheels with a pinky now, locked, unlocked, bound up, doesn't matter - PSC pushes right through it.

I wheel with some guys who have the Redneck Ram and WTO and both seem to work fine.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiBus
If that's all it took to cure your DW...you got of very lucky! But it's a Band-Aid fix. There are bigger issues going on and in time they will rear their ugly heads. Be forewarned.....a SS no matter what brand or how much you pay for it is EVER going to fix DW.

Pretty sure that was supposed to be sarcasm... hehehehe...

Quick Reply: Hydro Assit or Fox ATS