Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Husky Liners or Mopar Tire Tread Mats???

Old 03-14-2007, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Husky Liners or Mopar Tire Tread Mats???

which one would you all recommend for keeping all the water/mud off the carpet. i am going to get the rear cargo mat from husky, just not sure on the front mats.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

go husky. they will undoubtedly provide more complete protection. Although they don't look quite as cool as the Mopar mats. ;-)
Old 03-14-2007, 07:14 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nader
go husky. they will undoubtedly provide more complete protection. Although they don't look quite as cool as the Mopar mats. ;-)
I have the mopar ones. I concur with Nader.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Husky, look at the design and you will see why. The Mopar ones have a hole in them and the sides are not higher enabling water and such to run right off. No brainer
Old 03-14-2007, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

well its not really a no brainer when i havent seen either in person before. pictures do not always do a product justice.

i will go with the husky front mats considering someone with the mopar mats said to go with the husky. thanks for the info
Old 03-14-2007, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

I've been considering the Husky's too, but maybe one of you kind people can help me out with the cargo mat!

I run my 2 door without the back seats... can someone give me the measurments of the 2dr and 4dr versions of the cargo mat? If the cargo mat fits behind the rear seat, I figure that the 4 door version would work better for my Jeep. (BTW, I have not found this measurement on any vendor website, including Husky's! Isn't that odd?)

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:50 AM
JK Junkie

I have not seen the Mopar mats in person, but I'd go with the Huskyliners hands down. They have been in my three previous vehicles(01 Tahoe, 06 Ram, and current 07 Tahoe), and nothing's better to protect your carpet.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by darkrambler
I've been considering the Husky's too, but maybe one of you kind people can help me out with the cargo mat!

I run my 2 door without the back seats... can someone give me the measurments of the 2dr and 4dr versions of the cargo mat? If the cargo mat fits behind the rear seat, I figure that the 4 door version would work better for my Jeep. (BTW, I have not found this measurement on any vendor website, including Husky's! Isn't that odd?)

Thanks for the help!
^ x2 Ditto: Run w/o backseat, and am going to be looking for something to cover up and protect the crappy "cargo carpet"... If I can't find anything suitable, I may just look for some black tarp or something, and trim to fit...
Old 03-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemay427
well its not really a no brainer when i havent seen either in person before. pictures do not always do a product justice.

i will go with the husky front mats considering someone with the mopar mats said to go with the husky. thanks for the info

oh, dont get me wrong, the Mopar ones are cool, i love the old versus new tire tread design on them, that is pretty unique. They are pretty heavy rubber and have some agressive nubs on the back & likely wont slide around or blow out the side with the doors off. They do however (as was mentioned have that pesky little hole in them to hold them in place. (That was about as smart as drilling a hole in the bottom of your canoe to drain the water out while your in the middle of the lake) The hole is easily remedied with 2" of PVC pipe as someone already illustrated on another thread (sorry, i forget who) But, if i had it to do over again, i would likely get the Husky liners, because my carpets have been soaked in salt/slime/mud for two months because the things just arent that deep
Old 03-14-2007, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have to say Husky too. They have high sidewall that will keep everything on the mat. If I had the money (and a JK) I would rip out the carpet, and put some spray-in bed liner 1/4 thick. That's the best thing you can do.

Hey, does anyone know if the JK has drain holes in the floor? I know the TJ's do.

Quick Reply: Husky Liners or Mopar Tire Tread Mats???