Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hummer beadlocks or walker evans beadlocks

Old 07-31-2013, 02:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKEmmert77
how are they on the road and off road? i can do powder coating part covered do u have to send your wheels in and could u tell me more about them?
500 a wheel is as expensive or more expensive than any beadlock on the market. My Racelines were less than that, and they were pretty expensive. Also, I'm not sure why you'd run full beadlocks with the 5x5 bolt pattern. If you were truly planning to use them, I assume you'd envision a manual hub conversion in the future (manual hubs allow you to manage a broken shaft and still get home, among other benefits). That conversion would require a 5x5.5 bolt pattern at a minimum.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking to just have something a lil different and out there.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

what is flat center back spacing. the offest is already 3.50" with the pressed plate? so what would that mean?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
Also, I'm not sure why you'd run full beadlocks with the 5x5 bolt pattern. If you were truly planning to use them, I assume you'd envision a manual hub conversion in the future (manual hubs allow you to manage a broken shaft and still get home, among other benefits). That conversion would require a 5x5.5 bolt pattern at a minimum.
Respectfully, I have to disagree. While going to manual hub can give you certain benefits as mentioned, there is no requirement to do so in order to properly utilize the benefit of beadlocks.

I run a beefed up front 44 with Walkers and 37" MTRs in 5x5 bolt pattern. I have run some pretty difficult trails at 10 psi and def enjoy the benefit of beadlocks.

Would a manual hub conversion be nice? Sure but by the same logic I might as well have thrown 1 tons under there and run 8 lugs...
Old 08-01-2013, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKEmmert77
what is flat center back spacing. the offest is already 3.50" with the pressed plate? so what would that mean?
For the 5x5 bolt pattern the only backspacing available is 3.50. Im guessing it has something to do with the pressed centers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 08-01-2013, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tire selection was the deal breaker for me on the HMMV wheels. As mentioned 16.5 has limits...most tires are 4-500 ea if you don't go with military take-offs.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

You can get pit bull rockers in a variety or sizes as well as interco tires like tsl and boggers both run in a variety or sizes. I think off road you would be very happy with a set of pitbull rockers or super swampers depending on what kinda terrain you're wheeling in.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

eBay has a bunch of WE 17-inch Beadlocks in matte black...I just received five and they look awesome!

Quick Reply: Hummer beadlocks or walker evans beadlocks