Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hub centric question...

Old 04-05-2016, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hub centric question...

I am probably beating a dead horse with this but I am about to order wheels. I had xd wheels in the past that were lug centric and got grief from the install guys that I should get adapters for them to make them hub centric. The wheels I'm looking at now show a 3.3 center bore. Does that make them hub centric for the JK? The specific wheels are U.S. Wheel stealth crawlers in 17x9. Thanks for any help!
Old 04-05-2016, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MSmitty
I am probably beating a dead horse with this but I am about to order wheels. I had xd wheels in the past that were lug centric and got grief from the install guys that I should get adapters for them to make them hub centric. The wheels I'm looking at now show a 3.3 center bore. Does that make them hub centric for the JK? The specific wheels are U.S. Wheel stealth crawlers in 17x9. Thanks for any help!
Nope, the JK hub is 71.5mm, so you would need a 83mm hub ring to make it hubcentric.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

XD wheels arent all Lug Centric are they?

i was going to grab 17x9 XD Grenades, but if they arent hub centric, thats a problem.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

hub centric rings are easy to find and cheap via ebay. You can also order some from bora (motorsport-tech.com) but they are $100 but nice. I have used them in the past.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkjouster
XD wheels arent all Lug Centric are they?

i was going to grab 17x9 XD Grenades, but if they arent hub centric, thats a problem.
As far as I can tell the only wheels that are built hub centric are stock jeep wheels and AEV wheels. XD are all lug centric as far as I know.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:07 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MSmitty
As far as I can tell the only wheels that are built hub centric are stock jeep wheels and AEV wheels. XD are all lug centric as far as I know.
Some rugged ridge rims are hub centric as well. funny story on AEV. AEV used to cite the fact that AEV rims were hub centric and that was one of the things that made them superior and then it came out the Pintler aev stopped being hub centric. The set I had were not hub centric and the owner of AEV did not know when they stopped being hub centric but said it was not important that rims were hub centric lol. They hung their hat on that for years and then all of the sudden no big deal.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
Some rugged ridge rims are hub centric as well. funny story on AEV. AEV used to cite the fact that AEV rims were hub centric and that was one of the things that made them superior and then it came out the Pintler aev stopped being hub centric. The set I had were not hub centric and the owner of AEV did not know when they stopped being hub centric but said it was not important that rims were hub centric lol. They hung their hat on that for years and then all of the sudden no big deal.
MB11 wheels are also hubcentric. There are probably other wheels too...
Old 04-06-2016, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

in any case,

can you add hub centric rings to any wheel before mounting?
Old 04-06-2016, 01:23 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jkjouster
in any case,

can you add hub centric rings to any wheel before mounting?
yes as long as they are made for the jeeps 71.5mm bore and whatever bore size of the rim you are using.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just as long as they are torqued correctly, there really is no need. It's nice and easy for wheels to be hubcentric, but you can center them fine with the lugs. I promise you, if your lugs come loose, that hub won't keep your wheel on. You will not get vibes if you take your time and install them correctly.

Last edited by onlyone; 04-10-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Hub centric question...