Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hub-centric

Old 05-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 133 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Mello03
Any idea what the size of those are? I think they're just over 80 mm?
I couldn't tell you the size actually. I bought the wheels/tires/lugs together from Discount Tire Direct, who advertises free hub rings with a full setup. When I didn't get them, I called to find out why, and they told me that these wheels did not require hub rings. They did offer to make a set up for me if I wanted them (at no extra cost), and I took them up on it. Great people to work with and if you're going to get hub rings for your Level 8's, they already know exactly what size to make them.

A side note, I got a wheel/tire package for my VW from DTD and the hub rings were included. So, those guys officially rock.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly. The JK's '07 and up are hub and lug centric at 71.5mm so get a ring that fits from that to the wheel hub size. I have hub centric stock but did run into vibration issues on other vehicles that were not hub centric. So for me everything is hub centric now. And the piece of mind because yes, it is much stronger to have both centric than just lug centric. And......check out in eBay.
There is a guy that sells custom sizes $50 a set.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone. I have 17" Mickey Thompsons with 35" KM2s and have been trying to diagnose a shimmy/death wobble (see my other thread). The guy at discount tire suggested the hub rings and I had never heard of them being needed on a JK. After I get them on, I will post the results and the size.

Thanks again!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
I couldn't tell you the size actually. I bought the wheels/tires/lugs together from Discount Tire Direct, who advertises free hub rings with a full setup. When I didn't get them, I called to find out why, and they told me that these wheels did not require hub rings. They did offer to make a set up for me if I wanted them (at no extra cost), and I took them up on it. Great people to work with and if you're going to get hub rings for your Level 8's, they already know exactly what size to make them.

A side note, I got a wheel/tire package for my VW from DTD and the hub rings were included. So, those guys officially rock.
Dang I had to order mine from motorsorttech. Custom and a little pricy. The size is 88.5 and no one makes them. Machine shop wanted 44 per and there's no way that's happening. I called DTD and they told me they didn't have any.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mello03

Dang I had to order mine from motorsorttech. Custom and a little pricy. The size is 88.5 and no one makes them. Machine shop wanted 44 per and there's no way that's happening. I called DTD and they told me they didn't have any.
Yup, here it is. Can't paste the hyper link from the eBay app so here is the item #190847504665

Even cheaper. $43.09 lol
From - To any size set if four.

Quick Reply: Hub-centric