Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hub Centric?

Old 05-12-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hub Centric?

What does hub centric mean in regards to wheels? I have a set of wheels that have not been put on the jeep yet. WHile they are all obviously the same, only one had the plastic ring. From what I understand some vehicles require this plastic ring while other dont. SO my question is, Will I need this ring on all my wheels?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hubcentric means that that the hole bored in the center of the wheel fits tightly over the raised portion of the vehicles hub. This is what centers the wheel on the hub. Most OEM wheels are hubcentric . Lugcentric means that the hole in the center of the wheel is slightly larger than the raised portion of the hub. The lugnuts are used to center the wheel on the hub. Most aftermarket wheels are lugcentric. Hubcentric rings are available to convert lugcentic wheels to hubcentric if there are vibration or other issues.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

not sure bout the ring but hub centric means that the hub centers the wheel versus the studs the studs and nuts provide the clamping force versus stud piloted wheels where the wheel is centered only by the studs themselves hub centric is the better way to go
Old 05-12-2012, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

SO do you think I need to add the plastic rings or can I just discard them.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by powrsurg
SO do you think I need to add the plastic rings or can I just discard them.
I never got the rings with my Level 8 Trackers and they installed and work just fine without them. The place that did the install did recommend that I get them at some point in the future though. They said the problem is when you take the vehicle in to different places to get tires rotated etc... Some places don't pay close enough attention to how the rims are seated, torqued down evenly, etc..and you could end up with wobbles/vibration.

Quick Reply: Hub Centric?