Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hub centric?

Old 09-17-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hub centric?

Is it really something to consider when shopping for wheels? Is it more of an important consideration the larger you go in tire size? Im looking to go no larger than 33's. I know too that the majority of wheels are not hub centric, I think that all OEM wheels are.

thanks...
Old 09-17-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK Jeepster
Is it really something to consider when shopping for wheels? Is it more of an important consideration the larger you go in tire size? Im looking to go no larger than 33's. I know too that the majority of wheels are not hub centric, I think that all OEM wheels are.

thanks...
I'd advise getting them hub centric otherwise you'll almost always have vibration even when the tires are perfectly balanced. Hub-centric wheels hold the wheel in the exact center
Old 09-17-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

just been doing some reading....that hub centric is preferred over "lug" centric. I dont see much info or there is a lack of info on some wheels that they are hub or lug centric, Pro-Comp, Mickey Thompson, XD, etc. The only ones that I have seen that say they are hub centric are the Argent Pintlers. I guess I just need to ask, thanks Red.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

I run 37s with spacers and none of which are hub centric, all lug centric, with no vibration. If you look at the lugs on your factory hubs you will see they are lug centric. I think it's another one of those ploys to make us all spend more money on something that is not needed.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lancejk
I run 37s with spacers and none of which are hub centric, all lug centric, with no vibration. If you look at the lugs on your factory hubs you will see they are lug centric. I think it's another one of those ploys to make us all spend more money on something that is not needed.

Just my 2 cents.
I also agree with this!
Old 09-17-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Coming from the tire business and working w pros and cons...hub centric ARE better when it comes to wanting ride quality. (which in most cases is just dependent on how picky the driver is. Somebody going from driving a BMW is gonna have higher expectations than if U have been driving a truck) Getting back onto topic...80% of the wheels from a manufacturer, if not hub-centric, will come with rings to make it hub centric. Ask whoever the salesman is to use them or if the manufacturer will provide some. SHOULD NOT COST ANY EXTRA.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

OEM, Pintlers and Rugged Ridge are hub centric.

Have not located any other hub centric for the JK.

Trending Topics

Old 09-17-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get yourself some hubcentric rings. Theyre about 15 bucks and they were a great investment IMO. Even if they arent necessary to prevent vibrations, atleast they help when bolting up heavy wheels and tires on the hub.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for all the great advice, I much appreciate it...makes the headache of indecision a little better!
Old 09-17-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

the shop i had mount and balance my new wheels and tires orderd and hub centric part for the wheel which aligns it perfectly, they said not many people use them anymore but theyre good to have

Quick Reply: Hub centric?