Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HP upgrades

Old 11-28-2015, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LoafOfBread
*erection* Any suggested brands ? Dose and or donts???
Ripp / banks / sprintex / and procharger are the main ones i can think of right off hand. I personally dont have one but there are many people on here that do and can chime in with what they do and dont like about them. I belive ripp is probably one of the most popular ones for the JK but its not a root style charger its a Centrifugal. meaning it dosent make boost from idle and up you gotta get into boost range which i belive is about 3k rpm.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gears are the best bang for your buck.

Followed by a programmer (especially if you have an auto trans). Superchips is what I had on my 2010.

Sprintbooster is nice too. Doesn't actually add power, but eliminates the delay from the "drive by wire" throttle on the JK

Ripp makes a header and programmer kit that actually works but is more $$ than the cheap headers out there without a custom tune.

Ripp is the most popular Supercharger kits out there. They were one of the first ones to come out and rarely do you ever hear of anyone having any problems.

Don't waste your money on an exhaust or "Cold Air" intake.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you gentlemen very informative and lots of options.

Quick Reply: HP upgrades