Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How would you do an Old Man Emu Suspension "the right way".

Old 12-03-2007, 06:43 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Gator
Woods,

Good thread - these are exactly the same questions I wanted to know before I ordered the OME coils -

Who makes the best/or/most popular adjustable track bars for the JK?
The only ones I have personal experience with are Full Traction and Currie Enterprises. Both are exceptionally well made and both will do the job.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:32 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In light of WOL's response about some track bar relocation brackets failing when mounted on the axle, I sent the following inquire to ARBUSA.

I’m wondering if the OME JK Track Bar Relocation Bracket mounts on the frame or the axle?

Thanks,

Brett Woods

Brett,

The Track bar relocation bracket for the JK mounts on the chassis. Any other questions let me know.

Best Regards,

This is the response that I expected. Those Aussie's are smart. Let everybody else design it, lets see what works, then we'll make one ourselves. That's why I've waited to see what they came out with...

Talking with another "local expert" yesterday, I've almost finalized my plans. The rear track bar relocation bracket definitely helps. The consensus is that a rear track bar would at least be better than the bracket, and the cost difference is only about $100. I'm going with either the FT or Currie front upper control arms, so I will be able to adjust CASTER. My decision is not based on the uppers, but rather the lowers (in case I decide to add lowers later) and the track bar. My only open questions at this point are:
- Who makes heavier duty Lower Adjustable control arms, if I can find out the tubing wall thickness and diameter??? I expect this to wash out, and not really matter very much.
- Who is not having any issues with the track bar rubbing on aftermarket diff covers?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All good responses.

Personally I would do trackbars Front and Rear on these kits but it is not needed.

All the feedback i have recieved is very positive on these kits and some did upgrade to trackbars and some did not.

David
Old 12-04-2007, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 more questions about the OME -
What about brake line relocation brackets and sway bar end links? Any changes necessary?
Thanks
Old 12-04-2007, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

What about brake line relocation brackets and sway bar end links? Any changes necessary?
Thanks
I am getting new front and rear sway bar links.....Do I need them, I don't know. I will say the front ones scare me, not allot of room for them to move and I am afraid they will swing back if flexed and break or bend.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anti lock brake line extensions

My OME kit was installed today. Havn't seen it, but was told by my shop the ABS wires needs extensions. Has anyone else had this issue?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:23 AM
JK Newbie

I had this same problem when I installed my OME kit last night. But if the ABS wires are the ones in the plastic tube stuff, then they are connected with those little plastic push pins. I just pulled those pins out and it gave the wires a lot more slack. My concern is with the brake lines themselves. I think I will have to address them with one of those brackets that comes with the 2.5" BB or something similar. I also think that the lift will settle in though. I measure immediately after completing the lift and it netted 3.5" all the way around(no winch or aftermarket bumpers yet). I am hoping to get right around 2.5-3" when it settles in.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:24 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks
The kit does not come with them and they are not necessary. If you have a Rubicon, you might want to get new longer rear sway bar links and then install the factory ones up front.

Originally Posted by michaelt
My OME kit was installed today. Havn't seen it, but was told by my shop the ABS wires needs extensions. Has anyone else had this issue?
This is not true. I have been running a 3" lift without addressing these wires and have not had any problems. If you were to extend them too much, they would simply pop out of their retaining clips anyway.

Originally Posted by Mike_Engle
On another note, I didn't notice any axle shift. There was plenty of weight on the rear end from a bumper/tire carrier and the front end had a AEV bumper and winch.
With a lift of this size and with all the extra weight you have, I'm sure the shift would be hard to see or notice without measuring for it.

Quick Reply: How would you do an Old Man Emu Suspension "the right way".