Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

how are the silent armor tires

Old 09-05-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big c
And I'm not really looking to do offroading
You don't see any snow where you are? I didn't think they were much different price wise than Silent Armors.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have u went through any bad weather condition
Not so much, I have only had my JK for a month.
I drive about 28 miles each way to work and got them because they rode nice and were quiet.
I have played on gravel roads and the dry fields by my house but that's about until winter time.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked on wind turbines in Minnesota for a little over a year. Our work trucks were F150 and F250 4x4s. When the stock Hankooks wore out on our 150s, we put Goodyear Silent Armors on them. They were very good tires. They went offroad every day on worktrucks with three loaded tool boxes plus miscellaneous climbing gear, etc and two grown men (very heavy loads) and these were not the LT versions. They rode very well on the road and did very well in the corn fields and country roads in the spring with all the snow melt mud, and also did very well in the snow and ice. I was very impressed with them overall (much better than the garbage SR-A Wranglers that came on my Jeep). The tires seemed to last very well despite very poor attention to detail in the tire rotation and inflation areas.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jollydodger

You don't see any snow where you are? I didn't think they were much different price wise than Silent Armors.
I do see snow but I didn't want people to think I needed that to be a big part when I was looking for a tire I go off road but its minimal
Old 09-05-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by maverick0862

Not so much, I have only had my JK for a month.
I drive about 28 miles each way to work and got them because they rode nice and were quiet.
I have played on gravel roads and the dry fields by my house but that's about until winter time.
Did they affect ur mpg
Old 09-05-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mpco239
I worked on wind turbines in Minnesota for a little over a year. Our work trucks were F150 and F250 4x4s. When the stock Hankooks wore out on our 150s, we put Goodyear Silent Armors on them. They were very good tires. They went offroad every day on worktrucks with three loaded tool boxes plus miscellaneous climbing gear, etc and two grown men (very heavy loads) and these were not the LT versions. They rode very well on the road and did very well in the corn fields and country roads in the spring with all the snow melt mud, and also did very well in the snow and ice. I was very impressed with them overall (much better than the garbage SR-A Wranglers that came on my Jeep). The tires seemed to last very well despite very poor attention to detail in the tire rotation and inflation areas.

Thanks that helps
Old 09-05-2011, 09:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jollydodger
Duratracs are really excellent, sound like it would be right for what you are looking for.
Whats the difference
Old 09-06-2011, 02:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Bump......
Old 09-06-2011, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Anyone know any good season tires
Old 09-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Anyone know any good season tires
I don't mean any offense by this but do you ever use the search function. There are threads to a lot of your questions in there...I think all the questions you ask can be answered in great detail there...

Quick Reply: how are the silent armor tires