Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How to remove Cowl Vent

Old 01-22-2009, 11:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congratulations to all, including my self that has successfully completed the mirror mod.

ive opted to keep mine (on both sides), my thinking is that if i was able to pull it off once, im probably going to do it again and will end up spending x amount of time trying to fix it again only to have it happen at a later date, then fix.........

and before any tries, unfortuantely the heat gun and can of Freeze trick doesnt work on the mirror mod.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also guilty of the mirror mod. Only on the driver side. It was 5am and pouring out as i stumbled out of the house to put the doors on and top up. Put the doors on and went to grab the top to put up. WHAM. oops.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DKJeep17
Anyone know how to remove the side panel of a Cowl Vent on an '08 JK? The wind blew the door over and the mirror bracket managed to throw a nice dent right near the antenna and I dont know how to get that panel off to fix it... Thanks
Look in the phone book for an ourfit like Dentmasters or something. They have a process where they go in behind the panel with probes and work the dent out. I used to be in the car biz and when reconning the cars that went on the used car lot we had to do that to most of them. Sometimes they have to drill a small hole to get access to work the dent out; but they do it in a place were it won't be noticed and then plug the hole.

If you can't find somebody stop in at a few successful looking used car lots and ask if they know somebody that does it. What I've seen these guys do is amazing. In your search somebody who says they do paintless dent repairs probably does this type of repair.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SONIC
any time.
anything else pointless and time/labor intensive you need me to do?
Sonic, that is a dangerous question.......

Quick Reply: How to remove Cowl Vent