Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How much space should I have between bumpstops

Old 06-06-2011, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much space should I have between bumpstops

I have a Tera 4" lift and I was wondering how much space I should have between the bumpstops and the axle stop. I mesured and I have just under an inch.This seems really short. In looking at the stock rubicons they appear to have 3-4". I saw a lifted JK looked to be a Tera Flex lift and same thing looked like about 3". I dont seem to have major spring sag, so do I am thinking I have too much bumpstop. Any help with measurements especially Tera 4" lifts would be appreciated.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 4" Teraflex lift and about the same amount of space (between 1 & 2") but I have Teraflex speedbumps back there. After calling Teraflex, they said it was fine since the speedbumps compress quite a bit (increasing the possible amount of upward travel). Not sure about bumpstops though.

You should just call them tomorrow and pose the same question. They are excellent and since you spent $ on a high-quality lift you should have all your concerns addressed.

Quick Reply: How much space should I have between bumpstops