Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How much sag???

Old 06-16-2010, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How much sag???

In a couple weeks I'll be installing my new PureJeep Bare Bonez Combo front bumper and a Smittybuilt XRC 8 winch. I'm running a 2.5 TeraFlex BB lift with shocks installed right now. How much sag will I get in the front. The winch weighs 99 lbs. I know I'm saving a little weight with the new bumper, it's pretty much just D-rings mounts, winch plate and light hoop. Will I need to take out the 2.5 inch front coils spacers and add a bigger spacer? If so, how big?
A pic of the bumper is below. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:28 PM
JK Super Freak

You could get a small person to sit on the front end and measure how much it goes down. There are too many factors for me to give you an accurate number.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:44 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Red Dog
You could get a small person to sit on the front end and measure how much it goes down. There are too many factors for me to give you an accurate number.
This is what I did, I actually added the winch in the box to my stock bumper and figured out the sag. However, I found the ride was SCHAT after I added the LoD mid-width and bumper to my RE 2" BB. I went with OME Coils Springs to handle the weight.

With just your winch..you won't get as much sag but I figure mine added about 150lbs total over the stock bumper.

Give you an idea of the sag difference...look at my front tires and where they sit vs. the top of the bumper. If you are considering bigger spacers...spend a little more and get the coil springs.

Front Bumper and Winch with Stock springs and 2" spacers:

Front Bumper with Winch with OME HD Coils

Quick Reply: How much sag???