Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How much to re-calibrate speedo

Old 05-31-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much to re-calibrate speedo

Just got 35 x12.5 r15 km2's and want my speedo to read right so I don't get pulled over by the po po. Anbody know how much the dealership charges for a re-calibration? I went to 4 wheel parts and of course they tried to sell me a tuner for 500 bucks.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by apepper
Just got 35 x12.5 r15 km2's and want my speedo to read right so I don't get pulled over by the po po. Anbody know how much the dealership charges for a re-calibration? I went to 4 wheel parts and of course they tried to sell me a tuner for 500 bucks.
the dealer cannot recalabrate for anything bigger than 32" tires.

The cheapest option is a PRO Cal Module runs about 125$-150$ takes 2 seconds to reprogram

if you have more money buy a bullydog tuner or superchips flashpack
Old 05-31-2011, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks!

Whatz the difference between the tuners, worth the extra money for the bullydog or superchip?

Originally Posted by Jeep Hound
the dealer cannot recalabrate for anything bigger than 32" tires.

The cheapest option is a PRO Cal Module runs about 125$-150$ takes 2 seconds to reprogram

if you have more money buy a bullydog tuner or superchips flashpack
Old 05-31-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Whatz the difference between the tuners, worth the extra money for the bullydog or superchip?
The ProCal is a 'Programmer'. It will calibrate for tires and gears, and has some other neat functions.

The Superchips/Diablo/Bully/Hypertech/etc are 'Tuners'. They remap the tuning to give more HP/Torque, and in many cases, better mpg's as well.

Worth the extra money is a judgement call, but most people that have tuners really like them. There are about a bazillion threads on these tuners, so just do some reading and decide if the benefits are worth it to you.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I LOVE my bullydog tuner. It does everything I need and also has a display that shows alot of info. i.e trans temp, coolent temp, rpm, speedo..... I also gained some power over the hypertech programmer. It is a night and day difference between stock and performace tune on the bullydog. I also like the fact that I can put the jeep back to stock tune in under 15mins and plug it into another car/truck/jeep.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by f3arn0FJ

I LOVE my bullydog tuner. It does everything I need and also has a display that shows alot of info. i.e trans temp, coolent temp, rpm, speedo..... I also gained some power over the hypertech programmer. It is a night and day difference between stock and performace tune on the bullydog. I also like the fact that I can put the jeep back to stock tune in under 15mins and plug it into another car/truck/jeep.
I also have a Bully Dog and like it. The real-time display is great.

However, beware that if you have a 2011 or newer the tuners may not work. It seems the manufacturers have been struggling with it for a while.

Quick Reply: How much to re-calibrate speedo