Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How much lift with Rubi springs?

Old 01-29-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much lift with Rubi springs?

I currently have a 2011 Unlimited with no tow package. If I were to buy a set of springs off a Rubi unlimited either w or w/o tow package, how much lift can I expect to see. Also are there any other parts that I should get with the springs? Also is this the best way to go? I have looked at the Rock Krawler 2.5 and this just seems like a cheaper way out, but am I sacrificing too much? Just for some background info I will go offroad very rarely and this is my daily driver. I also will probably not go any bigger than 33's. Thank you for any help that can be offered.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

I have an X. 2dr. Last summer I upgraded shocks and springs from another 2dr Rubi. I netted 1/2" all around. Mileage was comparable.

Just bought the Rock Krawler 2.5 max travel. SHould ba a major improvement and really...the right way to go.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Oh my, this question has been answered here many times. I belive the lift ranges fron an inch to up to two inches if lift..
Best yet is a coil lift from say Terra Flex. I say them because that is what I put in, and it went very easy with great results..
Old 01-29-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

check the numbers on your front springs. there should be a tag on them. I think the 17/18 (last digits) are the heaviest.

This thread may help.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...rings-Question

I had 13/14 (last digits) on my 2dr. and replaced them with the 17/18. Got around 1 to 1-1/2" lift. You're probably not going to see much lift on the unlimited since it probably has a fairly heavy set to start. Oh ya, the higher the last 2 digits, the heavier the spring.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

1/2 inch. 1 inch MAX

trust me Ive ben down this road, ither spend the money and get a real comlete lift, or get a leveling kit. Dont bother messing this chrysler take offs.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the quick replies, I think you just convinced me to go aftermarket. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

All good comments...I want my Jeep level...I have a level kit and I will be adding Rubi springs and shocks...got it all for $225...so for mel...2-2.5 inches of lift for $225...is half the price of a BB....when my kids get taller...I'll go bigger...but for me this was the cheepest way to get over 2 inches of lift...just my .02

Quick Reply: How much lift with Rubi springs?