Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How much to lift??

Old 01-20-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much to lift??

So what do you think, how tall of a coil spacer should I put into the front of my jeep to level it out? 1.75 or 2.5?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0971.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	18033  
Old 01-20-2009, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

I went through this very same exersize a few days ago. I went to my local shop and with the help of a jack (on the bumper), a tape measure and a level, we decided that I needed 1.5" to raise my stock front end to level.....of course, no one actually sells a 1.5" spacer!!!!! DOH!

Apparently measuring the difference as it stands isn't enough because when you raise the front, the rear also has a tendency to lift a small amount. I found that just measuring it now yields a 1" difference but when we actually raised it, that went to 1.5". I'd recommend you try it and see what you come up with since you have those bars on the bumper that I don't.

Last edited by JulianK; 01-20-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Good to know, thanks! I think a 2.5" spacer will do fine if the rear will lift in response a little anyway. If it's too much, I can always add a small rear spacer.

Quick Reply: How much to lift??