Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How much does a Track Bar affect...

Old 10-30-2011, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much does a Track Bar affect...

Handling? Does adding a new front and or rear adjustable one affect the steering or drivability at all? I'm using them to center everything but I wondered if there were any other benefits to having aftermarket ones on my rig with the new 2.5 lift. Thanks -
Old 10-30-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Centers the axle and holds axle in place through suspension articulation. Definitely related to handling.

After lifting stock track bar position changes, and the length is no longer appropriate, shifting the axle. Loose track bar can cause issues in handling as well
Old 10-30-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Its also very important that your drag link and track bar are equal lengths or you will get bump steer and unequal steer movement.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Noxian
Its also very important that your drag link and track bar are equal lengths or you will get bump steer and unequal steer movement.
I'm replacing my stock front and rear track bars with JKS adjustables. Is there any problem with the new ones length and the stock drag link that I will be keeping? I've not heard of that being an issue before.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

How do you Find the right length for an adjustable track bar?

Last edited by 07 JK "bullfrog"; 10-31-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ESP123
I'm replacing my stock front and rear track bars with JKS adjustables. Is there any problem with the new ones length and the stock drag link that I will be keeping? I've not heard of that being an issue before.
With your 2.5inch lift you shouldn't haven a problem with your drag link, your drag link has enough adjustment.

To adjust your track bar I hear the easiest way is to jack up the vehicle, disconnect the trackbar at the adjustment end then lower the vehicle down and let the vehicle settle, check to make sure the axle is now centered compared to the body and the frame and then adjust your track bar to length. Then adjust your drag link so the steering wheel is straight, a procal or alignment machine helps alot in this.

Quick Reply: How much does a Track Bar affect...