Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How much does going to 33's from stock 16" rims change your speedo and MPG estimate?

Old 11-10-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much does going to 33's from stock 16" rims change your speedo and MPG estimate?

I'm trying to figure out how much my speedo and MPG Estimate changed when I went from 16" rims to 17" and 33's. It now say's I'm getting 12 mpg which can't be right. I've driven by a stationairy radar and the best I can tell I'm 3 mph off but will 3mph change my MPG estimation that much?

Last edited by Pcgizzmo; 11-10-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes and yes. Bigger meats will have more rolling resistance if they are more aggressive...worse mileage. HOWEVER...I never take the mpg meter reading from the dash. I always fill to the click, take the odo reading and divide by the gallon qty I just stuck in the tank. Don't trust the dash for mpg. Borrow someone's portable GPS and do a comparison. The faster you go, the more "off" you'll be.

Quick Reply: How much does going to 33's from stock 16" rims change your speedo and MPG estimate?