Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How much benefit from upgrade to stronger front and rear trackbars?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much benefit from upgrade to stronger front and rear trackbars?

I am considering the Teraflex Monster trackbar in front of my JK 4-door with 4" lift and 35" tires. Also a rear Teaflex trackbar and trackbar relocation bracket to make it more stronger.

Other than restoring the vehicles center of gravity, what other benefits arise from these changes (cost ~$500 in parts)?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll leave it to the experts as to what all the other benefits are, but I can offer my own experience. I did a 4" lift on my with with the TF kit with front lower and rear upper control arms. The lift came with the rear trackbar bracket. It did not come with a front adjustable trackbar - Joe from TF told me it would have made the lift too expensive.

After the lift the rig drove pretty well, but was a little flighty around town; perfectly fine on the highway. I added the TF front trackbar, and the rig now drives like a dream. It drives very differently than stock. The gas shocks give me a better feel for the road, and I don't know if it is the wider stance I got with the new tires, but the steering is more sensitive, and it drives easier. To me this is better, but it is subjective and comparing it to stock is like apples and oranges. Adding the trackbar to a 4" lift makes all the difference in the world.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Grognard
I'll leave it to the experts as to what all the other benefits are, but I can offer my own experience. I did a 4" lift on my with with the TF kit with front lower and rear upper control arms. The lift came with the rear trackbar bracket. It did not come with a front adjustable trackbar - Joe from TF told me it would have made the lift too expensive.

After the lift the rig drove pretty well, but was a little flighty around town; perfectly fine on the highway. I added the TF front trackbar, and the rig now drives like a dream. It drives very differently than stock. The gas shocks give me a better feel for the road, and I don't know if it is the wider stance I got with the new tires, but the steering is more sensitive, and it drives easier. To me this is better, but it is subjective and comparing it to stock is like apples and oranges. Adding the trackbar to a 4" lift makes all the difference in the world.
Thanks, I think I will get the front and rear TF trackbars as soon as possible. Going with Fox 2.0 resevoirs this weekend first. Which gas shocks did you get?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Grognard

Just to clarify, TeraFlex 4" JK kits include the front trackbar, 3" JK kits do not.

Originally Posted by ry2dsrt
Thanks, I think I will get the front and rear TF trackbars as soon as possible. Going with Fox 2.0 resevoirs this weekend first. Which gas shocks did you get?
Awesome! If you have any questions about TeraFlex trackbars, give me a call or pm.

Joe @ TeraFlex
Old 02-17-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Just to clarify, TeraFlex 4" JK kits include the front trackbar, 3" JK kits do not.

Joe @ TeraFlex
Yes, I put a 3" TF lift on which gave me 4"; was not trying to confuse. Thanks Joe! and it is a great lift
Old 02-26-2011, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ry2dsrt
I am considering the Teraflex Monster trackbar in front of my JK 4-door with 4" lift and 35" tires. Also a rear Teaflex trackbar and trackbar relocation bracket to make it more stronger.

Other than restoring the vehicles center of gravity, what other benefits arise from these changes (cost ~$500 in parts)?
Update 2/27: I added front and rear Teraflex Monster trackbars today, and it did improve the tightness and precision of the steering slightly. It feels a bit less flightly and more responsive to my movements, around town. Was it worth $550 parts and labor, not sure.... I probably could have lived without it. I will see how it performs off-road next.

Quick Reply: How much benefit from upgrade to stronger front and rear trackbars?