Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How many of yall off road with just a lift and 37's

Old 01-01-2014, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh like said above, it all depends how you drive/wheel.

I have been running 37s with a basic 3.5" lift all last summer. Did probably about 10 runs with them. Most of them being on Colorado's tougher trails ranging anywhere from 6-9 according to trail damage.

Ball joints went pretty quick, and the only carnage I had was I blew up my spider gears in the front D30. Could have been avoided but I made the mistake of not having a winch on this trail and tried to force myself up a almost 3' ledge. Gas+ steering cranked to the right, it was bound to happen.

I dont plan on running my D30 up front for ever, going 44 or 60 when I can afford it. But I take it easy on the trails, slow, and try to do the best lines possible knowing I can blow my d30 quick with 37s. Ya it does limit the fun factor a little not being able to go as fast as others or do the same lines because of fear of damaging the front axle but as long as your careful and easy on the skinny pedal you have a better chance of not breaking anything.

Almost every cause of a bent or ruined front axle that I have seen was caused by high speeds on washed up roads where they hit a ditch or something. I have never seen one go bad with just normal trail riding. but thats just my experience.

To be smart. I wouldnt worry about breaking your axle, keep it simple and slow, crawl like a bug and just save up some money for bigger axles in the future!

Heres a video. My jeep is the Silver JKU on 37s and 3.5" lift. Stock axles.

http://youtu.be/PVFvoO6C8Sk
Old 01-01-2014, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys thanks for all the help

Quick Reply: How many of yall off road with just a lift and 37's