Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How loud is a cold air intake?

Old 11-26-2011, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbrown626
All a cold air intake does is make noise so you think you have more power. Take the noise away and what is left?
A snorkel is the only real cold air intake, unless you are going to draw your air from the fender-well like a pickup.

Cold Air Intakes give you more power, dynos' prove this.

Anyways, they're not very loud. You'll notice in increase in torque. I have the Airaid CAI, completely sealed off from the rest of my engine bay. Worth it.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the K&N, it's not too bad. Althouh I installed it the same day as a Corsa muffler. The combo is a little loud during acceleration but much better at crusing speed. I really like the set up. I bought the K&N that has the plastic tube to the throttle body, seems I read somewhere that it's quieter that the metal tube.

Quick Reply: How loud is a cold air intake?