Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How Long are your Rock Krawler Links?

Old 03-25-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How Long are your Rock Krawler Links?

Hey guys I am currently running a Teraflex 2.5 Coil lift with a 1" TF spacer on top.

I ordered some 3-4" Rock Krawler front sway bar discos and I received these. Do the lengths look right? The main middle bar is 8" long, and as you can see in the picture I can not shorten them up anymore. My sway bar will be angled upwards too much if I install the ones I have. I bought them through the 4wd.com rep here on the forum but they were drop shipped from Rock Krawler directly.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:49 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

your sway bar will sit up high but, it's really not a problem. in fact, depending on how much droop you have, it's recommend that you install longer links to help prevent you from over extending them and bending them on the tie rod. i would install these as is.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
your sway bar will sit up high but, it's really not a problem. in fact, depending on how much droop you have, it's recommend that you install longer links to help prevent you from over extending them and bending them on the tie rod. i would install these as is.
I was thinking about that but if I am using them as quick discos, no rubicon here, shouldn't my sway bar be parallel to the ground or no? Thanks for the help
Old 03-25-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Level is the general guideline. I'd probably shorten them.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

I went ahead and installed them and they look fine. I also had some help from my 14 month old little girl. She wanted to be on daddy's lap the whole time

Old 03-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Our 2.5" ones have a 7" tall center pin and it is as simple as swapping the pins if you ever feel you need a shorter one!

RK

Quick Reply: How Long are your Rock Krawler Links?