Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How Long Should It Take???

Old 06-22-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And they wonder why they went bankrupt?!?!?

At least they gave you a car to drive, and didnt leave you without transportation.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkkat
According to my Jeep Tech guy about 6 hours an axle if it goes well.
Is that taking the JK in to the dealer, dropping it off, and having them pull the axles to do the work - or does that estimate involve pulling the axles at home and dropping them off strapped to a pallet?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chain
Is that taking the JK in to the dealer, dropping it off, and having them pull the axles to do the work - or does that estimate involve pulling the axles at home and dropping them off strapped to a pallet?
Most legit shops will not set up gears off the Jeep. I know if I was setting them up, I would not want them leaving without me giving them a run down the road to check for noises and whatnot. I dropped my Jeep off at like 8:45am, and the gears and aussie were both in by 5:30p. They put a guy on it that has done a few JKs in the past and hundreds of TJs, and he had no other jobs to do that day, and all the right tools.

I do not understand why it would take more than 2 days. It is not that hard to do, just requires time and patience.

Quick Reply: How Long Should It Take???