Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How to lock a hi-lift on a hi-lift mount?

Old 11-04-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to lock a hi-lift on a hi-lift mount?

I have a 5 foot hi-lift, and I will have a hi-lift mount very soon. Is it possible to put a lock on the hi-lift mount? See the model: http://www.quadratec.com/products/im...F100093-lg.jpg

Old 11-04-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drilled a hole through the base of the HiLift and the base of the mount and used a padlock.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by skibum
I drilled a hole through the base of the HiLift and the base of the mount and used a padlock.
There is already 11 holes in the base of my hi-lift (large enough for a padlock)
So I just have to drill a hole on the base of the mount... good idea thanks
Old 11-04-2009, 12:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just wrap a chain through one of the holes in your pretty spare wheel and padlock it.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

FYI get stronger bolts for the hi-lift mount -- one my mine snapped right off and I had to use plyers to get the rest of the bolt out of my tailgate door, because of too much vibrations and bumps when hitting the trails. Thos zinc plated bolts are not strong!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
FYI get stronger bolts for the hi-lift mount -- one my mine snapped right off and I had to use plyers to get the rest of the bolt out of my tailgate door, because of too much vibrations and bumps when hitting the trails. Thos zinc plated bolts are not strong!
X2. I replaced all mine with stainless before the initial install. Cad plated junk that came with the mount wouldn't have made it through one winter here. FYI, the top mount is also junk. Rugged Ridge makes a Hi Lift mount that, IMHO, is a better design than the Rampage mount but the materials are fairly lightweight. So a friend of mine is going to make me an upper mount similar to the Rugged Ridge design but out of heavier material similar to the Rampage.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Freedom

I have a 5 foot hi-lift, and I will have a hi-lift mount very soon. Is it possible to put a lock on the hi-lift mount? See the model: http://www.quadratec.com/products/im...F100093-lg.jpg

That 5ft is gonna be very erect .

Just an idea -- you might want to try mounting it horizontally elsewhere? and have less height worries.

Mine is attached to rear bumper on hi-lift's tube mounts and secured with a decent bicycle chain + lock. Photo in gallery.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by KOGEHA
I have a Rugged Ridge mount and the HiLift is locked..
Interesting! Also, the mount seems to be lower
Old 11-04-2009, 04:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
X2 I hate crappy bolts Look what happened to me a few days ago https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/i-broke-body-mount-bolt-107084/
Old 11-04-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Worst purchase I have ever made for the jeep, Went on a 30 day camping trip from alabama to Maine and almost lost it twice, really bad hardware by the end of the trip it was in the offroad trailer. No worries now removed the mount and got an LOD tire carrier fits perfect and has grade 8 bolts holding it on.

Quick Reply: How to lock a hi-lift on a hi-lift mount?