Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How To Install Arb Air Lockers

Old 03-25-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To Install Arb Air Lockers

So my 5:13 gears and ARB lockers and compressor are on the way. I also ordered the master overhaul kit. Curious to know ahead of time.... is there anything else i will need to install the lockers, like ring gear bolt shims or drilling the ring gear bolt holes on the locker? I have all of the necessary tools to set up gears, i'm just curious to know if there is anything JK specific that is different than the TJ's I've done before. I did a search and came up with too much about nothing i wanted to know so if there is already a thread about this point me in that direction and i'll delete this. If not and anyone wants to see ARB's installed....let me know. I got one week to get it all together.

thanks in advance,

TROUBLESHOOTER
Old 03-25-2008, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Please post some picsas you open them up. I have my gears and do not know if I want to lock them. I dont want them later on after a regear. Are you locking you D30? Or did you upgrade? Who did you get your ARBs through?
Old 03-26-2008, 05:00 AM
JK Newbie

I am putting ARBs front and rear, 30 and 44, I don't think i'll have any problems. I wheel mostly in deep sand. You should call northridge4x4 for your lockers. Good luck. i'll try to post some pics. I'm about a week away from having all of the multiple boxes that contain my stuff.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at this write-up. The used ECTEDs for the D30/D44 but the concept is the same. 4wheelerssupply.com/jkbuildup/category/installs/

The pinion is larger as is the pinion bearing for the D30 and D44 in the JK. The ring gear bolts are also larger.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

yep. i had to drill out carrier for the arb's on mine.

Quick Reply: How To Install Arb Air Lockers