Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How I mounted my hilift, Rotopax *and* Maxtrax, all together

Old 06-28-2021, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default How I mounted my hilift, Rotopax *and* Maxtrax, all together

(not sure if this goes here, or in "build", apologies if I got it wrong)

Thought I'd share this as I couldn't find the answer when I looked, and figured out a solution that has worked quite well for me.

My 2018 JKUL Rubi came with a Terraflex heavy duty tire carrier. I wanted to mount my hi lift jack on it, and attach a rotopax too that - and maxtrax. Goal to have all three external, and to the rear of the rig.

The first two are easy - Teraflex have a hilift mount for the tire carrier, and a mount (essentially just a steel plate) to attach a Rotopax to the highlift.

I measured, and measured again, and figured I could get 4 stacked Maxtrax between the hilift and the tire.

I couldn't find any stock mounting system to achieve this, so I ended up getting two more of the Rotopax-hilift mounts, and figuring out where to drill them, to attach the Maxtrax mount pins. The pins aren't ideal alone in this configuration, so I keep it all nicely wrapped together with a ratchet strap, for safety.

Yeah, it'll take a minute to deploy any one of these three - but I figure that if I happen to need any one of those three, then I'm already in a time-consuming situation.

The following users liked this post:
wgw (06-29-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts

Nice! I've been in the process of mounting a jack and shovel in that spot. Still fitting. Every idea helps, thanks for sharing!
Old 06-29-2021, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks.
Here's the parts:
HD Tire carrier (mine came with this): teraflex.com/shop_items/jk-alpha-hd-aluminum-hinged-carrier-kit
Jack mount with CB antenna mount too: teraflex.com/shop_items/jk-alpha-hi-lift-jack-mount
Rotopax (and with some drilling, maxtrax) mount: teraflex.com/shop_items/jk-alpha-rotopax-mount
Maxtrax mounting pins: maxtraxus.com/products/maxtrax-mkii-mounting-pins

Took some trial-and-error to figure out how to get everything lined up in a way that doesn't hit the rear light when the gate is open, and also lined up with the handle-holes on the maxtrax for the pins.

Quick Reply: How I mounted my hilift, Rotopax *and* Maxtrax, all together