Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

how high a lift

Old 08-23-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try and get a few pictures posted sometime today. I am running 32" GY Duratracs on 16x8 wheels.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2 on pics. I'm not opposed to putting shoch extenders in, but its just one more thing to bend/break when out. Plus it will happen when it winter out as its my luck. I'm trying to keep it simple so when i do wreak something i can go and getr parts and not wait for it to show up as its my dd as well.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the TF leveling kit on my 2dr JK. It was cheap, took two hours to install, and thus far as worked perfectly on and off road.

I have better photos if you want them, but this one was handy.

TeraFlex Leveling Kit:

Old 08-23-2009, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

I don't have any before pics of my wife's JK but If you go to the teraflex web site you will see a before and after pic of one of their JKs. Just type in JK leveling kit in their search. I installed GY Duratracs on 16X8 soft 8 black wheels.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Oh how I remember December 2006 when I told myself I'd only lift my JK a couple inches and be done with it. I look at budget boosts as a waste of money. The first time you go wheelin after the newness of your 09 wears out you'll want more and more and more.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pirate
x2 on pics. I'm not opposed to putting shoch extenders in, but its just one more thing to bend/break when out. Plus it will happen when it winter out as its my luck. I'm trying to keep it simple so when i do wreak something i can go and getr parts and not wait for it to show up as its my dd as well.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Nice jeeps Stucka. I like the stance or your JK. I will be ordering the leveling kit tomorrow. I've been told that I will just end up getting a bigger lift, but I doubt it. I will run stock tires at least until I wear the originals out. The leveling lift looks perfect to me on stock 32" tires, and if I decide to go bigger in a couple of years when they wear out, it only cost me $129.

I will be calling David at North Ridge 4X4 in the morning.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be putting on my Daystar front and rear 1.75" spacers ($40 from someone here on the forum) in the next week or so and after that I'll be adding a 1" body lift. I have no rake to deal with. This will get me into the 33-35" range which is fine for the most of the trails here in Colorado. Good enough for me for a while. I'm sure I'll go bigger in the future though.

Last edited by MELONHED; 08-23-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
In addition to the spacers and the body lift, you'll need longer bumpstops or flat flares to do the 35s.
Yeah, gonna keep an eye on whether I need to add bumpstops or trim the flares depending if I go with 33's or the 35's. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know I'll want it bigger but I'll wait till after the warrinity is over befor i go crazy. too many horror stories on here. Love the way your jeep looks. I go wheeling but not too crazy (only 2 months old) as it is my dd in the summer its ok if its broke but not the winter.I look at it as it was made to do this so lets do this. So whats beeing said is I can go with a leveling kit and not to much else, I guess that will have to do till its no longer having to go in for work then the fun begins so how big are leving kits the up to 2"or less thanks for all the help now i need to start looking

Quick Reply: how high a lift