Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

how high a lift

Old 08-22-2009, 09:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how high a lift

How high of a lift can I go without having to replace everthing. I just want a little bit more clearence on the jeep. All the kits I see have lots of things to intall with them. I really dont want to buy new shocks just yet or extenders. It is a 09 Rubicon all stock except for a warn winch and bumper. I would also like to level the jeep out in process with the lift.
Thanks
Old 08-22-2009, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend the TF Leveling Kit from what i've read on here.... you can search here for some who have put in on with 33's and it looks good... very simple spacer install with nothing "extra" needed.. Pretty much the least expensive suspension mod as well evens out the factory rake with 2" front and 1" rear
Old 08-22-2009, 09:32 PM
JK Junkie

I would ask how high do you want to go? What do you want to do with your lift? Bigger tries, just look cool, off roading?
Old 08-22-2009, 09:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive just lifted my jeep 2.5" but that waswith shocks and coils, but you could do it with the budget boost pucks aswell and level it out at the same time. although 2.5" doesnt seem a lot, its visibly higher and made a big difference offroad, abviously if you gonna go hardcore offroading you would need to upgrade this lift to something bigger, but if your on firly basic trails 2.5" would be enough. Also with this amount of lift you dont need to go replacing everything underneath for it to work properly.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Doing it partly for offroad and apperance, second to level out the rake in the jeep. Was thinking about bigger tires but not till the factory ones are worn out, too much cash for new rims and tires when the ones on it are brand new. So a 1 to 2 in lift wont require longer shocks, track bars ( will the axel shift be noticeable) and such? Wanting to do it one the cheep for now.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just purchased the Tara Flex Budget Boost 2.5" lift with shock extensions. Been reading the install write up on here for it. Its easy man, and its very few parts for like $337 USD. Then you can go from there with bigger tires etc.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up TF leveling kit

I just installed the Teraflex JK leveling kit on my wife's 09 unlimited and it is a very easy install and looks good. 2" in front and 1" in rear. Didn't have to change anything else except the swaybar disconnects that come with the kit.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Crazydog do you have before and after pics? Are you still running stock tires on your wife's rig?
Old 08-23-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pirate
How high of a lift can I go without having to replace everthing. I just want a little bit more clearence on the jeep. All the kits I see have lots of things to intall with them. I really dont want to buy new shocks just yet or extenders. It is a 09 Rubicon all stock except for a warn winch and bumper. I would also like to level the jeep out in process with the lift.
Thanks
TF leveling kit is a great idea. I think you should get the BB however, extremely simple install.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Take a look at the OME kit from Northridge. Thats what I am looking at doing.

Quick Reply: how high a lift