Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How to find your instrument panel dimmer wire in a 2011 JK Sport

Old 06-16-2015, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to find your instrument panel dimmer wire in a 2011 JK Sport

Hello All,

First, thank you to those for your prior work on this topic.

Recently I installed my Viair OBA and wanted to tie in the light for the air pressure gauge to the instrument panel dimmer control. I had read posts that on a 2011 JK Sport, you could access the elusive "orange wire with grey stripe" via the HVAC, well my HVAC did not have such a wire. I was bound and determined to find this wire based on other possible locations and prior posts.

I found it going to the instrument panel as has been the case on other models. In my opinion this is the best location period as I only had to remove four additional screws to remove the instrument panel - after you remove the dash of course. Added bonus - you just have to sit and relax in the drivers seat while you work Then you have easy access to route your wire to the left where you have great access through the firewall and plenty of room to work.

See attach photo for detail.

Have fun,

Dale
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2011 JK dimmer wire.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	615002  
Old 06-16-2015, 10:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad we could help. I'm going to add you as a confirmer for the 2011 in the other thread.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Glad we could help. I'm going to add you as a confirmer for the 2011 in the other thread.
Certainly, thank you.

Quick Reply: How to find your instrument panel dimmer wire in a 2011 JK Sport