Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How does an adjustable track bar prevent Death Wobble?

Old 12-31-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How does an adjustable track bar prevent Death Wobble?

Just a newb question about track bars....

How does having an aftermarket adjustable front track bar help prevent Death Wobble?....or does it? I have heard that the stock track bar set-up uses the wrong size bolts and the mount can get wallowed out. Does this mean that all the aftermarket ones use the correct size hardware right from the start? Or will I still need to be concerned about my stock track bar mount causing problems at some point down the road?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:04 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

it doesn't. making sure that your trackbar bolts are tightened to the proper torque setting, making sure the bushings are in good condition and making sure that other suspension components such as your ball joints are still in good shape is the only thing that will prevent dw
Old 12-31-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the JKS adjustable trackbar, and it uses the original bolts... no new hardware!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Most of the bolts on my Jeep are rusted over. I had a mechanic tell me that the rust helps to sieze the bolts in place preventing them from loosening up....kinda like nature's own lock-tite. Should I still put a torque wrench on the bolts every so often anyways?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would... mine was rusted over also, and before I put the lift on, I torqued everything up and they definitely needed it! The rust didn't help much.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Junkie

You can change out the factory bolts to avoid any issues with the factory hardware. Check out this thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...trol-arm-bolts

Quick Reply: How does an adjustable track bar prevent Death Wobble?