Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How do you save HiLift from rusting when you mount it outside of your jeep?

Old 02-25-2011, 03:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fett 4 real
the WD40 and dont leave it on the rig while around town no reason unless ur planning on getting high centered on a parking block
Yes, and if you don't have your highlift then best to get out and eyeball the parking block for a good line before you take the plunge, lol!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out http://www.jeepswag.com/jackmount/index.html

you can mount it inside your hardtop, its up and out of the way, i would have gotten this one if i had a four door
Old 02-25-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Otari
check out http://www.jeepswag.com/jackmount/index.html

you can mount it inside your hardtop, its up and out of the way, i would have gotten this one if i had a four door
This seems like a great design, my only concern is how safe is it to put dogs in the cargo area with the high lift above their heads.
Anyone ever had an issue of hilift getting loose from those clamps?
Old 02-25-2011, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had mine for over a year and the never have come loose. That being said you do here the handle make noise on almost every bump. But that is the jack not the bracket. Also if you have a soft top you have to remove the jack to take it off or put it on.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohlhockeyguy
I have had mine for over a year and the never have come loose. That being said you do here the handle make noise on almost every bump. But that is the jack not the bracket. Also if you have a soft top you have to remove the jack to take it off or put it on.
Thanks for the comment. Can you tell if it has too much overhang or is it pretty much on the same level as the roll bar?
Old 02-26-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same as the roll bar. I can't see it in my mirror. Totally hidden.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cbloyer81
So, I emailed Hi-Lift to see if they knew of a close matching rattle can brand and color. They said they didn't know. Honestly, I was baffled that a company so established didn't either sell touch-up paint or know of a good match off the shelf.
it's either going to be Red or Black Rattle can color. I have mine mounted on my ORFab tire carrier secured by to bolts with lock nuts and a cable locking it up. I usually carry a bottle of water in the back for one of two reasons. One being out on the trail it tends to collect alot of dust I keep mine well lubed and if in need I use the bottle of water to spray off most of the dust if it seems like it will jam on me. then after wards spry a little bit of WD-40 back on it after use.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cbloyer81
My Hi-Lift is not red or black.

If you want a close color match you could try online, but you would need to spot a vehicle in your area that has a similar color to match off of. Just search for Automotive Touchup. They will color match the vehicle you specify but you have to give them a make, model and year. They sell you by the spray can. Otherwise you're stuck with a local auto paint store where they'll color match but you will need a hardener and a spray applicator. The cost of a a quart of paint, hardener and applicator would run you a lot of money.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Check these out. I use WD-40.
ht tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIeASvjxDtU
ht tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2yYqYstCas
Old 02-27-2011, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

i did the approach of killing two birds with one stone. i used bungee cords on the jack and bungeed it to the rear head rest. it hold the head rest down and you have better visibility. and it stores the jack and its not so noisy either. its a simple fix but its what im doing for the time been until i see a better way.

Quick Reply: How do you save HiLift from rusting when you mount it outside of your jeep?