Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How do you save HiLift from rusting when you mount it outside of your jeep?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you save HiLift from rusting when you mount it outside of your jeep?

I see that most of the people have their HiLift jacks attached outside of the jeep either on roof rack or some other place on the body. How is it that its not rusting out being outside all the time?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SFBayArea
I see that most of the people have their HiLift jacks attached outside of the jeep either on roof rack or some other place on the body. How is it that its not rusting out being outside all the time?
Im curious about this as well. Im considering a neoprene cover but im not to sure yet
Old 02-24-2011, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think neoprine cover will save HiLift from rusting.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Put it inside your jeep. == No rust.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SFBayArea
I spray mine with a clear coat that inhibits rust (unfortunately, you'll have to do it after every time you use it on the trail). I keep mine outside:

Old 02-24-2011, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good question. I have used mine for pulling fence posts and other agriculture related things but have never mounted to the exterior of the Jeep but I was looking into a rear bumper/tire carrier/cargo rack kinda set-up intending to mount it there. Never really thought about rusting. I have guesses of what might work but am anxious to see answers of what does work.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigd6943
Put it inside your jeep. == No rust.
Would love to, but not enough space inside of the jeep, especially if one goes for a long time camping with a girlfriend and three dogs :-). Unless of course someone knows the way to put high lift up high insight.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CALIJK
I spray mine with a clear coat that inhibits rust (unfortunately, you'll have to do it after every time you use it on the trail). I keep mine outside:

What is that monstrous spare tire size you have on your rig?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

There is a kit to mount the high lift on the back roll bar. I don't know who makes it....i will hunt around for it.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by commish4u
There is a kit to mount the high lift on the back roll bar. I don't know who makes it....i will hunt around for it.
Woods has one for the 4dr peeps that keep it high inside the Jeep. Quadratec has one in there catalog and there is a couple others that mount it on the cage near the rear of the Jeep.

Quick Reply: How do you save HiLift from rusting when you mount it outside of your jeep?