Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How do you ever decide on which LIFT to install!!!

Old 04-14-2010, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rubicon express all the way.... the best ride, look, handling and flex. its a little pricey but worth every cent!!!!!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01497.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	60709Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01852.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	60710
Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fitzb
Rubicon express all the way.... the best ride, look, handling and flex. its a little pricey but worth every cent!!!!!!!Attachment 60709Attachment 60710
Looks good, check your bushings every few months though, more and more RE guys are experiencing bushing failures recently. Not bashin, just something you should be aware of. Nice jk btw.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the 3.5” Rubicon express. I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of jeepers with experience and narrowed it down to four companies. After that I called them and talked to each one. I was looking for the best unit not the best price. I think there is more than one lift that makes top of the line lifts. It is cheaper to buy the right lift the first time then to buy it the second time. Good luck finding the right lift for you; I know it can seem overwhelming.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO
I started with a 2.5 Rough Country BB lift & was very happy with it!! After 11 months and adding a Winch, Bumper & Hard Top my stock springs sagged.. I upgraded to a 2.5 Teraflex Coil Lift and regained my lift + more ...
That is basically my story, just throw a rear bumper, tire carrier, jerry and trail racks into the mix. I also did opt for the TF shocks because the RC 2.2 shocks were leaking. And, having a four door, I still picked up about an inch in lift higher that the overburdened RC lift (that includes the RK wedges on the rear coils with the TF).
Old 04-15-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKRINGO
Excuse me for butting in, But if you dicide to go with a TeraFlex checkout Northridge 4X4 -FREE SHIPPING!!
Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by frankie945
Here is my 2.5 lift in action. This is why in want more lift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwKwGreYDA
Nice clip! Looks like a lot more than a 2.5" lift.

Good looking jeep.

Quick Reply: How do you ever decide on which LIFT to install!!!